hydraulic bike benches

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by rocket, Oct 28, 2011.

1. rocket

rocket Active Member

hi all, i fancy getting a hydraulic bike bench in next week or so but bit torn between what to go for. the clarke mc365 seems popular but a bit narrow for my liking as want something i can fit a paddock/abba stand on. seen a few on ebay but dont know whether to go for scissor action lift or the type that comes back as it lifts.
    anyone on here have or use one and can recommend some.

2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I hear good things about the clark one, mines made by a co. called Ranger its made in the US and lifts a massive 750Kg as it also has ramps for ATV's as I work on them from time to time as well as GoCarts etc, I had to add a steel plate as bigger bikes like XJR's and the huge Rocket3 were flexing the steel! I say all this as mine is only just wide enough for the abba stands, also has a trap door for fork and wheel removal.. Ebay ones look good but dont know much about them you could look at probike.co.uk also but they are not cheap..

3. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

We use sealey ramps at work really solid and well made, they get alot of use and can't fault them

4. rocket

rocket Active Member

sorry was meant to say sealey mc 365. i like the look of them but they don,t look very wide and state only for use on bikes with centre stands. how do you find the size and useability on sports bikes. do you know which sealey one you have at work.
    thanks

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Iv been looking at the benches in machine mart that you plug your compressor into to power the lift .. Any idea how stable they lift of the air , how ever that works ??

6. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

We don't actually use them for bikes, we use them for mowers/quads, we have a narrower one approx 2 ft and one bout 3ft,( a quad just fits) the smaller one would struggle to get a paddock stand on safely I would think

7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

The ramp makes a good bench when left up, funny you say about the mowers as thats where it all started for me when I was around 6 I used to pull them apart, heres a little something I build for a laugh around 10 years ago..

[​IMG]

#7 arthurbikemad, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  8. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Thats a beast ha ha

9. rocket

rocket Active Member

thanks for the link and thats 1 on my shortlist but would prefer a scissor type lift as i,m a bit tight on space and the other type will probably come back around 60-70 cm at full height which then makes it not where it was so to speak. do,s look a good bench though and the platform size is spot on. widest i can find in scissor lift is 55 cm.

10. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I used a mates bench, it was ok but I seemed to get back ache and felt I was having to lean into where I was working? now i am seriously limited for space 5'6" wide 17' long so not much room at all, so I just looked at one of these, because you can move the bike around making access to both sides easier. The down side is Only lifts the bike 5 1/2 inches off the ground but they reckon you can strip the bike and completely rebuild it whilst on one of these.
    Take a look on YouTube? Not cheap at €369 plus €60 for the correct fitting for you bike.
    Motorradwerkstatt Hamm, Motorradteile Bursig, Meisterwerkstatt, Motorreparatur, Fahrwerkseinstellung, Racingparts, Tuning, Reifendienst, Zubehör, Veredelung, 59067 Hamm

11. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member