I have discovered Flubber!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

I know it's had a movie made about it but that's not real, whereas today I have discovered the real thing!

It bounces in completely erratic fashion, moves of its own accord and can make itself disappear so that despite spending two bloody hours in the garage on hands and knees looking for it, and I know it's there somewhere, I can't find it! Somewhere in there it's laughing at me.

And what is it?

One of these!

image.jpg

An ACS custom moulded ear plug, cunningly and unfortunately translucently made in Banbury to blend into the background of whatever surface it falls onto, shoot off at bizarre angles and hide there until the end of days.

I have spent all bloody evening looking in a 30ft x 20 ft space for the little fecker and I'm only now realising that it obviously is made out of whatever Higgs bosun particle is supposed to be, I know it's there I just can't see it.

Tomorrow I shall report it the boffins at the large hadron collider.

Arse.:confused:

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

It won't be on the floor it'll have bounced up and lodged it's self in the most inaccessible nook of ya Bikes frame.

You'll never see it again! :(

3. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I have a set of these, along with the ACS in ear monitors which fit perfectly into them to play music (I only use one side for music though).

Lost one at work recently and went a bit spare cause I love them so much and not easy to replace (although after enquiring at ACS, they keep your moulds on file for 4 years and can supply a replacement for about £60 for the lost one, so not that bad). Ended up searching everywhere, only to end up tearing through the cleaners vacuum cleaner bad to find it in there!!

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

berts fridge.jpg

It's got to be worth a look Pete...

5. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Result.......... It was behind the fridge!

Well actually it wasn't, this evening whilst zipping up my jacket I thought I'd just double check it hadn't fallen into one of the pockets or something, and there it was, between the jacket outer and the inner lining right in the bottom corner by the zip, the only part of the jacket that forms any sort of barrier around the base, just the right size for an earplug, sneaky devious little fecker had been there all the time, how it hasn't fallen out on the motorway or when I've been getting on and off the bike I have no idea, but still, happy now, :):D:)

• Like Like x 1