I need a camera!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

On my lid, otherwise no fecker believes what I see when I'm out.

This morning, a woman sitting at the side of the lights crying because her new one day old car had broken down and she'd only travelled a couple of miles in it, she'd been stuck there for nearly an hour because green flag were busy. Hmm, a mini coupe, asked her if the auto stop/start was on, what's that she says? Problem solved. In fact she was so happy that I didn't need to be thanked as it wasn't a real breakdown.

Coming home this evening and I encounter a stereotypical goatee bearded bandana wearing trike rider, not that rare I suppose, but how many trikes, with the full chopper raked front and chromed to the eyeballs, still have the "Reliant" badge on the back. It was a cut and shut robin reliant, still with the original engine I think based on his inability to exceed 20mph on any kind of incline. Gave me a nod. I gave him an odd look.

• Like Like x 7
  2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Pmsl I know what you mean, followed a learner driver the other day indicating right at a no right turn junction eventually the instructor realises so they turn left and then drive through a bus lane only junction on a roundabout! The learner has got no chance with an instructor like that teaching them

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My old office used to overlook a shared car park. Shared with a hairdressing supply company. On several occasions (per day), attractive, if scarily made up, blonde girls would abandon (using the 'it's okay, I'm only going to be five minutes' law as justification) a multitude of combinations of pink, white and decalled Suzuki Rhinos, anywhere and everywhere they could so they didn't have to walk too far on six inch heels carrying an outer of 'Red Ken' product.

One particular day, I glanced out of the window at a rather attractive DB9 that pulled up, completely filling the car park entrance. Bumper to bumper, an exact match to the gap. Something blonde,pink and orange climbed out and tottered away towards the trade counter, then stopped, turned around, tottered back, then repeated the process. After a few incarnations, I summoned my colleagues to watch and it dawned on us that as she walked away, the proximity key for the Aston Martin was locking the doors with an audible 'clunk', causing her to walk back to check the doors were locked. When she got back to it, the whole thing was resetting, again 'clunk' and presenting her with an unprotected supercar. A step or two away and...

Repeat as necessary...

...Or until the tears in my eyes made it impossible to follow the action any longer.

It must have been ten years ago now. I wonder if she's still there...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

It gets worse,

Today, a Hyundai Getz, electric blue paint job whizzing along the M62 with stuck on plastic spinning hub caps, and a knight rider style led light bar on the rear.

I nearly fell off

• Like Like x 2
  5. iang27

iang27 Active Member

I had a woman pull out of a junction the other day looking in the sun visor mirror putting her lipstick on, this was while turning right.

6. Juggler87

Juggler87 New Member

I'm no angel on the road by any means but I like to think I am considerate of other road users, particularly vulnerable ones. I give learners space, I avoid causing people to change speed or direction when over taking. Bright yellow superbike and a howling exhaust, there is little excuse in not seeing me. Nevertheless, on an almost daily basis I have someone pull out at a junction without looking. A camera would be great, get their registration and perhaps I could lend them a copy of the highway code. Failing that, maybe a flaming exhaust, or roman style chariot wheel blades to sate my road rage.

7. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member