I really like this forum..

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by zeepony, Apr 2, 2011.

1. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

I know is fairly new but it feels like there is the start of a really good, helpful community here with some funny dudes too.

I think it helps that its more bike specific as most of us have that in common and obviously love our rides.

I'm going to try and arrange a rideout soon for the posh southerners so we can meet up and shatter the illusion that we are all cool, young, svelte chaps and not overweight, middle aged losers trying to recapture some glimpses of youth and recklessness before the inevitable shades of grey and balding consume us entirely.

It will be Surrey and Hants area and cornerman system will be in use. For those who have not done this before there is a good explanation from our friends at London Bikers here:

The cornerman system explained

I'll post up soon.

chris :Banane32:

2. matt

matt Active Member

i agree this is a super site, gettin better all the time

3. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Ditto, all the sites i found prior to this were in the USA, at least when i do come to buy my 2010 Repsol/HRC C-ABS Blade in about 12 months time i should have a good idea of what i am looking for and what not to buy.

What about ride outs for us Northern monkeys ???

#3 Hudson, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  4. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Haha, sorry, no Northern Monkeys allowed :Banane24::haha: The closest you are allowed to the South is Milton Keynes...:Banane56:

Good luck with the purchase :smile:

5. matt

matt Active Member

pfffttttt u southern softies...... us so called northern monkeys will have our own ride out thn :eek:)

6. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Cheers zeepony the cheque is in the post!

Ps any change requests or any other forum members feedback good or bad is very welcome.

Rob.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Think we could do with a map or thread so we know where other members are?

I'm in Bristol by the by. I know poor me but could be worse. I could live in the "CITY":patsak:

8. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

A map is a great idea.. i think you can "pin" a google map..? but just be careful about the exact locations as "Thieves do operate in this area"..:Banane32:

9. matt

matt Active Member

that chat box on the main forum page always says full on my computer? do i have empty it myself?

10. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Matt, it is just the Chatbox software. It's called 'Chatbox Full' as opposed to the 'Chatbox Lite' version that they do :)

11. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Good idea. I will check out to see what I can do.

12. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Up for the ride out anytime providing the bike is back :/

As for the site yea a map would be cool as it allows you to contact members near to you to arrange mini meets etc..we all like others bikers to ride with.

I have to say it's one of the things that I love about riding, I don't mind riding solo but having others out is what's it's about IMO.

When I started riding there were quite a few of us riding out not content with riding to one place an sitting there drinking coffee all day now most have sold road bikes and gone down the trial bike route :s so anything that will help me meet others that enjoy riding bikes like me would be welcomed

:)

Carl