I think, maybe, it's time.

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by kpone, Apr 1, 2013.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I had a great ride out on the bike yesterday morning. glorious weather, no traffic and the best scenery in thecountry, end of. This morning I had the chance to do it again. Jeanette is out and the world is my oyster, and I couldn't really be bothered. After yesterday's great ride that put me to wondering. I've been out and had a look at the bike and realised that I've only put about 800 miles on it since the last MOT. Weather has been the main factor in this of course, with the last year being total crap, but there are other things too. Jeanette and I now commute together so I don't use it even to beat the traffic anymore. My sciatica has been so bad recently that an hour in the saddle is about it for me in one go. These things together with this mornings lack of enthusias, has drawn me to the conclusion that it may be time to hang up my boots. The Blade has always been a dream of mine to own and now I've done it. What's left after that. Truly, I can't see anything worth the effort to aim for. So I think I'll be looking into putting it up for sale when the true signs of better weather start showing up.

I've made some terrific friends on here despite only having ever met one of you and I hope that we can all keep in touch despite the distances involved. This is a great forum and will only grow better as time goes by.

Thanks for being my mates, my sounding board and my target for venting my spleen these last few years.

Cheers all

Ken

2. Givover

Givover God Like

I think most dudes on here think the same from time to time and then next minute you hear a bike in the distance or have just had a good blast and it all goes away again .When you keep hearing about cops on busas and the weather and all that it some times puts you in that frame of mind to say F**K it but then you get a mate popping around on his bike for a brew and you know why you don't part with it .With you being old and due the Hip replacement I can fully understand your situation and would respect it but hope you will still drag your sorry arse over when we come to see you .Dont go off forum either your the only anchor man we have .Why not get a classic bike which will cost next to nothing to insure and then you can have a run when and if you want without any hassle.

3. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Ken... please tell me this is an April fools joke.... :(

4. Givover

Givover God Like

Don't think so Ash as he is more funny than that .He will be currently be watching but not logged ;)on its been coming for a while and everyone has to do what's best for them . Catch you later dear Ken .

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

dont forget to shut the door on your way out

but if you are genuinly thinking of selling you will be hugely missed

6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I am hoping it is a clever April fools, but if not I will be sad as I enjoy your posts Ken and have enjoyed chatting to you. Why not be a member without a bike ? You can chat about anything lol. Either way Ken, all the best to you, you are a true gem. All the best Nige

7. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

April fool.

8. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Ken.... Please don't leave the forum other wise ill be doing this..:(
    .... imagesCAMLA67F.jpg

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

KEN NO, you are not allowed mate, you know how bad my legs are but it won#t stop me riding or coming on here

Your going no ware

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. dave d

dave d Elite Member

Reminds me of when we played Chris Waddle on a sunday morning some where of the opinion of whats that silly old sod still playing for at his age! he was playing cos he enjoyed it yeah the legs may av gone a bit the mind not quite as sharp but that was his thing playing football.....me I enjoy bikes doesn't av to be a blade any sportsbike R1,zx10 owt stirs my soul,guess 1 day it will happen to all of us when we start thumbing the BMW brochure just remember Ken

We don't stop playing cos we get old
    We get old cos we stop playing!

Am sure you will make the correct decision for whats right for you,nowts set in stone you can always buy that Beemer

GOOD LUCK

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

If this is true and not a April fools joke.......

I hope you won't be leaving the forum mate, I'm not going to say keep the bike etc as if that's a decision you have thought hard about making.
    But......
    As you say you have made a lot of friends through the site and yes you needed a blade to join and make those friends however you do not need one to keep them!
    so I hope you will be staying as a member

13. Si.

Si. God Like

We are still coming to Devon to see you mateā€¦ and we are going to kick your arse. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

We are talking april may june july and august fool

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpg

Honestly? Gets all his information from 'The Junior Colour Encyclopaedia of Space'...?

"Couldn't be bothered to go out on a dry morning with nobody around and no curfew to get home again...?

We're talking fished in, we're talking, as Fez rightly says, april may june july and august fool.

You don't get rid of me that easy suckers I'm the Herpes of the social networking universe.

I'd like to thank Si, for being my inspiration, everything else is covered by the signature. :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. exfire

exfire Elite Member

'Herpes of the social networking universe' more like 'gonorrhea' Ken lol Glad it was April Fools.

17. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Ash is free to change her avatar back again now :)

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

So does that mean the ginger tosser is stayin with us . :D lol .

• Like Like x 1
  20. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

"Wheeze of the week mate"