I wear a suit but seldom wear a tie, but if I did..........

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I know fine full well we shouldn’t talk about politics or religion but having sat and listened with an open mind to the last two hours of the leaders of the political parties fight it out (sorry discuss) why they should be our next elected leader. I have come to the same conclusion that I had before it started.

I agree with much of what Nigel Farage had to say…but……

Ed Miliband is full of the same shit that put us in the position the country is already in.

David Cameron is trying to continue the good work that he started and should be given the chance of a second term.

All the others were only ever going to be also ran’s, however, If the question was who would you shag (if your life depended on it) then Leanne Wood would get my room key.

So, if it did have to wear a tie, and despite the fact I don’t like Chelsea it would be blue.

JMO of course.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers tho.......

3. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Still think we should have "none of the above" on the ballot paper, to me none of the useless corrupt theiving twats deserve to be in office in the first place!

Politics is the only job I know that you don't need to attend any sort of training organisation (well besides attending the silver spooned private schools!) in order to hold a position which can and does affect many many people's lives!

Every other job out there requires training and continual recertification such as gas safe or niceic trained n registered or medical certification but these twats can and do jump from jobs like health secretary to foreign affairs minister just because of who their friends with and well because they can!

• Like Like x 5
  4. deano69

deano69 New Member

Dangerous to talk politics,but have to admit Cameron hasn't done too bad a job having been left with a gigantic deficit to pay off,I think a second term is on the cards.the independence party will win a lot of seats as they're immigration policy is a vote winner.

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I'm hoping for a hung parliament as I'm sure there are enough lamp post near Westminster we could use if we have a whip round for some rope ;)

More seriously though I believe politics is a case of choosing the least bad option. I don't trust any politician as they are all in it for themselves, but I trust Labour less than the Tories, but that is down to growing up in the 70s with 3 day weeks, power cuts and 20%+ inflation. Of course Tony B Liar and One Eye Brown didn't help their cause with me. To be honest I dread the thought of a Labour government in coalition with the SNP, and it would probably be enough to make me look into emigration options.

We need a shake up of the whole political system. We need ministers and politicians with valid and recent real world experience. It will mean that they will also have skeletons in the cupboards, and the press need to bugger off out of it. Personally I don't care if some politician is or has shagged someone they shouldn't have as long as it was legal and consensual.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Well put I couldn't agree more. Why on earth isn't say the health secretary someone like a doctorwhos worked in NHS for years....the defence sec an ex forces man and so on. And yes I did put man there because bloody equal rights that gives a person a job because of their sex and not because they're best for the job is another nonsense that needs stamping out...and as a woman who's seen dire other women promoted in my job at the expense of more capable men I speak from experience!
    And while I'm on a roll....what gives with the kids of former politicians automatically being given a meal ticket when they fancy it!!

Aaaaaaand breathe.........:D

• Like Like x 3
  7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I'm not a hugely political animal but I do realise that I have a huge civic responsibility at a time like this. Which is why I was thrilled that this very important document came through the letterbox this morning. image.jpg

8. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Vote for me - I'll sort the country out!!!!

Anyone watched house of cards?

9. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

Never been in to politics much ,i don't agree with what tories are trying to do with n.h.s. i.e privatise parts of it ,then we have to bail out the american company that try to make a profit and realise that they can't and then just walk away leaving the taxpayer to pick up the pieces.
    But at least the tories have started to put a cap on the so called "benefits culture" social security should be as it says .. security if you come upon hard times .. not giving people more money to sit at home on their asses claiming more money than i get working a 48 hour shift plus between 20 and 40 hours a month overtime.
    If you are on benefits you shouldn't be able to afford a car, tattoos cigs , holidays and alcohol.

• Like Like x 3