idiot moment

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by gray, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gray

gray Active Member

New shorty levers came today
    had the day off so in to the garage i go
    a few minutes later brake lever fitted ... better check it works
    bike is up on the paddock stands so i spin the wheel ... pull the lever nothing:frusty:
    re-check everthing ok ... spin the wheel pull the lever and ...... nothing:frusty:
    sit there puzzeled........ where have have i gone wrong ??........ and then it dawns on me
    im spinning the rear wheel :suicide:

• Like Like x 5
  2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Ha Ha thats a cracker mate ... Reminds me of when i went out on the piss a while ago and lost my phone , I was calling it from my mates phone and it was engaged all the time, I was going nuts thinking somebody was using my call time and then my mate pointed out that my phone was in my hand and i was calling my self with it lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mel

Mel Active Member

haha, i've done some proper idiot things with the bike too.. this ones a good one though :)

4. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Fair play for sharing your idiot moment mate.

I remember when I had a bulb go in the headlight of my car. Replaced it, still not working, kept changing the bulb to no effect.

Turned out I was changing the full beam bulb & it was the dipped beam bulb I thought I was changing.

Wait for it....The car was also telling me which bulb to change ha ha

5. Mel

Mel Active Member

managed to drop my bike off an abba stand (yeah, i bet you all thought it was impossible) :D lol

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I once had to stop to change a tyre on the car on the way to friends 50 miles from home and gave Mrs Ken my watch to take care of. We both forgot it was on her lap and 50 miles later we got out of the car where it fell onto the road. We spent the night at our friends and after breakfast got back into the car and pulled away and bang hiss drove over the watch, crushing it and tearing open the spare tyre.

7. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

I have used my ABBA stand on many different bikes - how the hell did you manage to drop it off?

8. tanstair

tanstair Active Member

Idiot moment, a few years ago, after a good piss up in germany, wanted to get some groceries, yes but where are my keys? looked everywhere, pockets. in and under the bed. walked through the camp where i walked back from. nothing! starting to get worried now. I then sit down to think about it, fish my cigs and lighter out of right hand pocket, but you need two hands to open and light a Cig! YES, found my keys, left hand all the time :frusty:

9. justdug

justdug Active Member

Sounds right enuff Ali mate, I remember when you lost your turbine keys at work for a few days and you had put them on the bonnet of the van near the windscreen! lol Classic lad! Welcome to the forum tho good to see you here. I'm sure i could think of other moments aswel over the years. Not tightening up bolts cause you were on the phone and blowing up converter cabnets? I damn near SH*T myself! We'll leave all the other storys need to have some dirt on ya eh buddy lol :)

10. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

It's glasses with me, I've now lost count the amount of times I've left them on the seat and set off, did this only last week, felt a right numpty, went to pick bike left the dealership all smiles mates and staff waving me off, first roundabout, i thought this is looking blurred, oh how small I felt when I went back and the salesman was twirling my glasses in his fingers:frusty:

11. tanstair

tanstair Active Member

this is idiot moment Doug! not moments!!
    :nono::finger:

12. Mel

Mel Active Member

attached it to the rear axle (first time i used it lol) it was on my brand new hannspree 600RR, thank god i had crash protection on it, not a scratch.. :D

13. tanstair

tanstair Active Member

Ah but did anyone see it fall? and you looking at it thinking how did that happen? lol

14. Mel

Mel Active Member

no-one saw it happen, but someone had to help me pick it up.. i was a bit bemused, got it now though :D