Indifferent Samaritan

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Oct 1, 2014.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just making my way, gingerly (obviously), back from the post office and I come up behind an old geezer obviously having a problem getting up the hill. So I stop and ask him if he's okay and he tells me he's got COPD, so I reach for my phone.

"No" he says, he's not having trouble breathing, he was sleeping on the sofa last night and he fell off and hurt his ribs and they're really hurting him. So now I'm thinking Chronic Pulmonary Disease and broken ribs, so I reach for my phone again.

"No" he says. He doesn't need anyone, he doesn't want anybody. He doesn't need an ambulance and he'll be alright when he gets to a flat bit...

We compromise by me leading him to a bench just off the path so he can get himself together.

"Are you sure I can't get someone to help?"

"No" he says. Apparently he's feeling better already. He shakes my hand and waves me on my way. I walk another ten yards, look over my shoulder and he's up and continuing up the hill.

I'm not the most patient of people and don't like telling people twice so I'm thinking "you stubborn old bastard!" and start walking back.

"No" he says and starts waving me back. Which I did, because he was beginning to get fractious. Now I'm starting to feel those little prickles of guilt.

When Giv starts acting like that, I swear I'm going to bitch slap him.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup I think you mean to say ,sorry i noticed an old guy struggling for breath and really didn't put enough effort in to ensure his safety ,I hope you sleep well tonight dear Ken , ( not sure I would even get 40 winks ) knowing the old boy ( possibly a veteran ) didn't get home .;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

See....

He's already on his way...

• Like Like x 1