insurace quotes , wasting my life away.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by r1monkey, Sep 7, 2013.

1. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

just tried a quote for multi bike insurance through bennets online quotes , filled in my whole life history just to get a message at the end saying we can not quote you online for the 2 bikes , please ring us up aaaarrrgggghhh!

i fookin hate insurance time !!!

2. Bobmg

Bobmg Active Member

Try MCE mate they did me a good deal on two bikes , know what you mean though frustrate the fooook out of ya ;)

#2 Bobmg, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  3. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Just had my renewal through. First time since switching to the 'Blade a few weeks ago. £362!? I think not. After filling in a load of forms online I've got it down to £202. Much better. Why do all insurers turn into robbing barstewards come renewal time ffs....?

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I used premium choice - not the cheapest but good cover for my two.

Ask about the 'admin fees' for mid term adjustments (MTA's) - that is the really sting now people are finding

We should have a section with a grid to detail these to help folk - comparing different peoples premiums is pointless as so many factors, but knowing the admin fees or what they include could be helpful for others.

5. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I use Swinton.
    First time ever with an insurance company that I have stayed with them for 2 years in a trot after receiving a great quote for all 3 bikes.

£450 all in.

#5 ColinBR, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i have 4 road bikes (3 of them are highly modified ) so even getting someone to give me a quote is nearly impossible , i tried carole nash ,last year , was asked to send in pictures of bikes with all security arrangements (loads of security)
    never even got a quote back , same with c.i.a. ebike are wanting to put my policy up from £577 to £1084 .

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Both my 2 road bikes are modified, when declared found it very hard to get cover - hence premium choice - give them a try on Monday. Like you none of the 'Go compare the market' type aggregators (on-line broker systems in reallity) would return quotes for multi vehicle or modified - the modifications are not covered for replacement, but at least the bike has cover should anything happen.

8. ddc

ddc Member

I had an email this week for my renewal of the old blade which has now been sold. It would've been £118. Even now on the new one I'm only £240 :)