Insurance Companies really are WANKERS!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sinewave, Sep 17, 2014.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Rings up today to enquire how much it's gunna cost me to swap from a Blade to a ZX10R.

Bearing in mind I'm 6 months in to a £328 Policy I'm expecting maybe a £20-30 Admin Fee plus a minor upwards adjustment for the new Bike.

"Sorry Sir your current Broker won't insure such a Powerful Bike etc etc Blah Blah fucking Blah!"

"WTF U on about says I?"
    "This is basically the same Bike but a different manufacturer!"

"Sorry Sir, that's just how it is, however one of our other underwriters can insure you but you'd lose what's left on your current policy with no refund (Bout £160) oh and the new price will be £2400!"

Fucking seething and speechless I was! :eek:

After a waz round the comparison sites I get a new quote, albeit with only 1 years NCB as I'll lose the 6 months I'm half way to 2 years at a price of £329 Fully Comp with a £600 comp excess and Zero Voluntary which is very good TBH in isolation but not so good when I stand to lose £160 from my old policy and being put back to 1 years NCB again!

WANKERS! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Trade it in and sit on it mate.. Keep your insurance running and get it insured in feb with 2 years :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Guess they looked at your age and experience and that goes against you this time!

4. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Simple, just put it straight on track, you won't need insurance then;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I changed from mce last year as they would insure my blade but would not insure my KTM exc 125 as it was too powerful!!!! Work that out

6. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Total wankers,I had less than 3 months to go when I sold my 600RR and had paid year in full,£180. Wanted to insure my bandit 600 for the last 3 months to get another years no claims,they wanted £90 extra:eek: Told them where to go,lost that years NCD,bought the blade,shopped about £200 fully comp,result. They're all fookin crooks when they see a chance to screw you.

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

What you talking about.... He's well old ;)

I reckon miss wifey has been on the blower and sabotaged the insurance deal :D

• Like Like x 4
  8. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah but when you get to old and no experience they hit you for it also ;) the old born again biker thing

9. gray

gray Active Member

I wanted to change with 4 months left on my policy, paying £120.00 a year full comp on speed triple, said they wanted £7000 for the HP4 , so canceled policy lost 8 months Ncb and insured with some one else

10. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Don't get me fcuk in started bout insurance companies , grrrrrrr

• Like Like x 1
  11. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Twats all of them robbing barstads !!!!!!

12. gray

gray Active Member

Can't live with em, can't ride without em......pirates

• Like Like x 1
  13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Surely you will not be cancelling your insurance. The company will no longer insure you so that is different. I think you should be entitled to a refund. Just. Thought might be worth pointing it out to them !

15. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Tried that one Maz, to which they kindly pointed me in the direction of their T&C's of which stated a sliding scale of refunds going down to 30% up to 6 months and a big FAT ZERO at any time after!

'Oh how convenient for them' that I rang up at 6 months and 3 weeks in!

Hastings Direct by the way!

Steer clear folkes! :rolleyes:

16. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

You will find their all the same Jay, I won't renew mine but will look at track bike insurance....

17. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Same happened to me with Hastings direct , 9 months in swapped bike from r6 to a blade to be told we won't insure you fort remaining 3 months of your policy on a blade, you need minimum 2yrs Ncb . Lost nearly a yr Ncb .

18. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Which shows how Full of Shyte they are as I insured my Blade back in March this year with them with only 1 years NCD for £328 complete with protected NCD

19. Alblade

Alblade God Like

If they won't insure the new vehicle they should offer you a pro-rata refund on your current premium, or were they able to place with alternative insurer at significantly higher premium?

Please remember that most of the companies people have referred to in this thread, and most others are NOT insurance companies - but Brokers, agents or intermediaries and there IS a vast difference.

The internet has made insurance ultra competitive with the aggregrators like GoCompare , confused.com etc. driving down prices to the point where brokers like Hastings, MCE , Bennetts etc. can only make money by charging the high admin / harsh cancellation fees.

Honest question here: At renewal time who would select the 3rd / 5th more expensive insurer if said company had a good reputation ? Almost everyone goes for the cheapest and understandably so as Insurance is not exactly a product you relish buying and get a reward / product for in return - but like buying a crash helmet we could all wear £50 lids, but many choose to spend 10 times that amount on one which should give better performance. (just a thought and maybe an alternative item to crash helmet could have been used!)

• Like Like x 2
  20. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Condoms? :D cos you are getting fecked either way you look at it