Insurance renewal time !

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Simon, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

It's that dreaded time of year again .... When you get officially mugged from the comfort of your home ! Insurance renewal quote has come in at £500+ (aged 42 owning 900cc + sport bikes over the last 12 yrs) !!! Tried a few compare sites and managed to get a quote of £227 . . . Wondering what companies you guys are with / recommend ?
    :eyebrows:

2. Villan

Villan Active Member

They are all crap in my experience, go with the cheapest, you only realise how totally useless they are when you need to claim!

3. dave d

dave d Elite Member

motorcycle direct. the 1 with the big red M. 4 yrs no claims 4ooo miles per annum. its a rr7. 45 yrs old. breakdown cover 185 quid so happy wi that!!

4. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

I have a rider policy with MCE, so far so good but the only thing that bloody irritates me is big ed, I was at the bike show about 3years ago sat waiting for a quote from one of their girls when from nowhere came big fooking ed and slapped me right across the back of my head, just as well he wears that oversized lid or he may well have got a smack

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Im with MCE , Cheapest quote by nearly 300 quid for me but there was a bit of a misunderstanding with my details and they nearly cancelled my policy so it was a bit of a headache getting it sorted but all good now

6. Caz

Caz Active Member

Carole Nash six wheel policy so included the car, worked out cheapest way for me but their customer service is poo

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

with MCE but after reading the reply's about this company prob won't be with them next year. Paying £550 but had to pay £100 extra for my NCB to be added. well I've got 5 years and want to keep it

hoping next year when the bikes a year old and I've been riding longer it will be a bit cheaper

8. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

I'm with Swinton ... protected NCB - fully comp - 6000 miles - legal bit - kit covered - £235

9. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'm with Bennetts. Only been riding for 3 years. 30 years old. Fully comp for £510. Not too bad considering experience and bike.

10. Simon

Simon Active Member

Quite a selection of companies and quotes there, but have you owned up to any modifications? As soon as I mention a after Market exhaust can and labelling it as "no increase in performance" or having crash bungs fitted the quote jumps from £227 to £515 ???? or should I just say it's standard?

11. BritishBeefy

BritishBeefy Active Member

Ebike Insurance for me.

They gave me good quote when getting back on a bike after letting my full NCB lapse ... been with them since.

Never had to use them, but suspect they'd be rubbish ... just like all the other if I actually needed them ....

12. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

As a sad insurance person I would always suggest you tell them any mods etc......believe me any insurer will gladly winkle out of a claim if they can so don't give them a chance......I had an off last year and they were trying to void my claim cos I had aftermarket indicators and bar ends can you believe it......all ended up oK but that was an indication of their mentality!

Also to be blunt if you do not disclose "material facts" it is in reality attempted fraud and repercussions down the line can be a royal pain in the proverbial.

13. masterblader

masterblader Active Member

Went for the six wheel policy with Carole Nash Blade/Astra and got a real shocker with
    £1073 quote the worst insult was the guy was also a blade owner.
    A compare site showed Bennetts the real bike Insurers came up with the best ever
    £84.22 fully comp. A rider from Bristol followed up with a gixer thou and over 70 got a quote of £177 am now of the belief that Insurance Co just pluck figures from thin air.

14. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Insurance??? What's that??? LOL

Mine is £220 TPFT, aged 31, 7 years NCB, RR6 and all mods declared, but none of which are insured, just the cost of OE parts. I've no idea who I'm insured with as it's only ever been 1 phone call per year.