insurance

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by raphael, Oct 5, 2013.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

sorry for going on but!
    what is going on with insurance this year? i have been looking at a new blade after martin sending me the link for blade offers but for some reason the insurance is just rediculous nearly a grand of excesses 8 years ncb no pllion cover im 40 live in a nice ish area and they still want nearly a grand

i have just looked at a 2010 zx10 same excess nearly a grand ( what they said! wouldnt quote with anything less) and they want 250 quid i wanted to take the mrs on the back so asked for pillion cover and it went up to 1200 quid wtf!!

do you think the outlay for an alarm would bring it down enough to warrent the outlay?
    flipping pissed off to say the least

rant over sorry peaple

2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

If I high excess is your problem just go with mce's zero excess policy. Basically you pay the excess up front but it gets refunded within 2 weeks so you basically pay nothing, it covers volentary excess aswell to help bring your premium down.

My excess was £1050 so made perfect sense for me

• Like Like x 1
  3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Insurance for insurance. (excess)

4. raphael

raphael Elite Member

think i could suffer the high excess on the blade if the final qoute was a lot lower the that,i haven't paid anywhere near that since i was 21