Insurance

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Black, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Black

Black Active Member

Can anyone recommend an insurance company who can insure a second bike which is registered in my companies name and not my own? I'm thinking of buying a new bike and considering making it a company purchase but this has thrown up the issue that many insurance companies will not insure you unless you have a vested interest in the vehicle.
    Kinda thinking it might be too much hassle to go down the company route but would welcome any thoughts from anyone who has done this themselves.:confused:

Keeping the blade though:D

Anyone?

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

My new ZX10R is a 'Company Vehicle' and it was no issue having both the Bike Docs and my Insurance in my name only.

I'm not a Ltd Co' though so maybe that's why.

Can't see why it can't be done in a Co' name though as Cars and Vans are registered and Insured like that also.

3. Black

Black Active Member

Yeah I've got Ltd company so this may be an issue. Interestingly whilst most insurance companies I've contacted say they couldn't insure it if it was registered by my company, the one who could insure me said that I could not use it for business!!! Not sure how that works out lol

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Are you a Sole Trader? Would make things simpler, as a ltd company the company would own the asset, and that may be where the insurance hassle would come from. Not sure what the cost for insuring a bike as a company would be.

5. Black

Black Active Member

Sorted. Cheapest quote if single bike owned by company was £5700 so insured under my own name (multi bike policy) and all done for both bikes under £350. No brainer but you wonder how they calculate the premiums.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gringo

gringo Active Member

ins.jpg try these