Insurance

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gravel trap, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Elite Member

So I took out my insurance with mce.did it all online and put in the 28th for monthly date. They have tried to take on 27th and won't change date. Say I have to cancel and open fresh policy with another deposit. It's not a direct debit they just take off card. Bloke on phone would not put me on to a manager said they didn't talk to people. I'm on a tight budget at mo and I'd stated 28th when I filled out on line forms as all bills go out the same day it's come through on 27th ffs.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I know it's inconvenient, but I think MCE have the right (in their Terms and conditions) to pull payment a couple of days either side of the 28th. It would usually only happen when the 28th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday.

I'm also with MCE. Had my own issues with communication and non-replies to emails. Not the most customer-friendly organisation, but they quoted the best price when I was doing the rounds.

3. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Elite Member

Oh I know but it's not a direct debit they just take off a card.and you could pick day. What annoys me more is the fact I can not change date without it costing a hundred quid. I'm of the mind to cancel and deal with someone else.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Be very careful. Check the contract. You may be penalised with exit fees. Unless you can save heaps with another insurer, you will only be penalising yourself. Sometimes, having the 'last say' or 'making a point' is good for pride and credibility but not so good for our wallet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Never get insured with them ever again , as long as I’ve a hole in my ass

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Elite Member

To change the date is going to cost me £150. Even though they changed the date I put in. F em I'll pay more with someone else. Imagine the hassle if I had to claim. I would rather pay more and have confidence in the company. Time to go wash off a weeks worth of commuting muck.