Interesting recent case involving a Police vehicle

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Jul 10, 2013.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

This case was heard just a few days. A Police vehicle was in collision with a private vehicle on a roundabout. Both parties sustained quite severe injuries although the civilian had the more severe.

At the initial trial, it liability was split 55/45 in favour of the Police driver.

However, on appeal it was overturned and the Police driver was held 65% liable, quite a difference from the original judgement. Oh, and it does not appear that the Police driver was on an emergency call.

Bit of a read, but if you are interested, the transcript of the judgement is here

Starks v Chief Constable of Hertfordshire [2013] EWCA Civ 782 (09 July 2013)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

There's a mini roundabout not far from my house, directly outside the local police station actually that's had so many bumps on it since they changed it from being a T junction it's unreal. The thing is so small, paint mostly worn off it, on a slope, and people just ignore or don't see it, they also don't give way if you're already turning right off it into the road.

TBH it's a complete waste of paint, like many of them are, and why they can't just put a big concrete kerb round it, paint that red and white and stick a bloody cement leylandii in the middle of it I don't know.

I hate people cutting across them, similarly id have spike strips on zebra crossings when the green man is lit!