iPhone 4 for sale/swap

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by viper_biker, Nov 5, 2011.

1. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Bought this today and it's locked to Orange, but I'm O2.

Black iPhone 4 running the new iOS 5. Happy to swap for the same phone in either black or white, but must be either unlocked or on O2. Everything is there in the box and by the looks of it, the earphones have never been used.

Price - £300 (what I paid for it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

My mate bought a iPhone advertised as unlocked but it was locked to orange so he phoned orange and said he had bought it online and after pleading his case they unlocked it for free

This was last year mind but worth a shot

3. viper_biker

I spoke with 2 Orange agents tonight (both foreign, first was Indian and 2md was French) and they were useless. Neither understtod what I needed and I ended the call after being told it's £20.49 to unlock the phone and it takes 28 days after that... £20 and and month to wait, so why bother paying...

Was told that Jailbreaking the phone allows you to put in any sim. Might try that.

4. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

A while back I bought an unlocking service from ebay, i was for a 3g iphone on 02.
    It cost me around around £20 and took less than a week.
    It was a official unlock too, I had good service and communication all the way through the process!

5. viper_biker

Just been told that a jailbreak might do it so I'm in the middle of that now to see what happens. If it opens the network then obviously the phone will be no longer for sale.

6. damodici

damodici Active Member

Careful mate, currently it's only tethered jailbreak on iOS 5. Thats nothing to worry about too much but you want to also run the BiGBOSS semi tether install from cydia.

Google the key bits from what I've said and all will become clear :)

Ps- use the newest redsnow as I think it's the fastest jailbreak currently.

7. dan.1moore1

Yeah just tetherd for IOS5 at the moment . normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for a proper hack to come out .

As far as i know you could not unlock using the cydia unlock after ios3 but I'm sure somebody told me Redsn0w does it on IOS4

8. dan.1moore1

O2 where bastards when i unlocked my dads .

He had his upgrade so we decided to sell the 3gs .

I ported his number over to the micro sim and got the iphone4 up and running , then put the supplied pay&go sim in the 3GS and then phoned O2 to get it unlocked .

They said if i had requested the unlock when his contract sim was in the phone then it would be free but on pay&go i have to have 15 quid credit on it to unlock.

I said that the phone is his contract phone and not a pay&go phone and they said yes but you have now put a pay&go sim in so i gotta pay 15 quid

Didn't say that before did they . So i put 15 quid credit on and then phoned back up to get it unlocked and they then said as its a new sim it is not on the system so i have to make a call then with 48 hours for it to show up on they're system .

I did that then phoned back 2 days later and they said yes we can unlock but you only have £14.75 credit on the sim . slimy hits made me put another £5.00 credit on and then unlocked the phone .

I asked " So is it unlocked now and I'm pk to sell it on as unlocked ?? " No you have to wait 24 days for the unlock to complete and you will get a text . you must then connect to iTunes to complete the unlock "

What a bloody nightmare lol. They really don't want you to unlock them do they ? ha ha

9. viper_biker

OK, because the phone is on iOS 5, the baseband has been updated and iOS 5 jailbreak cannot be unlocked to allow any sim into the phone (that's at the minute anyway) so I'm going to get the mate to ring Orange and unlock the phone. Thanks for the comments though.

10. dan.1moore1

I think its only a tetherd hack for ios5 at the mo so it would be a pain in the butt jail breaking every time you re set and turn off the phone