Ipod Photo Transfer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by timmy twoshoes, May 23, 2014.

1. timmy twoshoes

Hi all, Does anyone know to transfer photos in High Resolution off a 1st generation Ipod to Pc ? Without going through Itunes. i have software called TouchCopy but all the photos have transfered in Low Res..( small pictures )

2. Iain

Iain Active Member

Can't you just use File Explorer on your PC, and copy them that way?

3. timmy twoshoes

I wish it was that simple, when you view the ipod as a seperate drive the files show as ithmb files No pictures !!

4. Iain

Iain Active Member

You can change how the files are displayed, depending on the version of file explorer you are using - it is that simple, unless I am missing something

5. timmy twoshoes

its not possible to that on windows 8 or any other its a apple thing - i have them all on my pc but Small.

6. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Backup to photostream on iCloud and then download from there? Or am I missing something?

7. Iain

Iain Active Member

Import photos in Windows 8

Import photos and video from your device to your PC:
    1.Connect your iOS device to your computer.
    2.Move the cursor to the upper-right corner and click the magnifying glass icon.
    3.Type Computer and press Return.
    4.Right-click the logo for your device and click "Import pictures and videos."
    5.Click More Options.
    6.Click the Browse button next to the "Import images to" field and choose where to import your Camera Roll's photos. By default, these will import to the My Pictures folder.
    7.Select "Delete files from device after importing."
    ◾If you delete photos after you import them, you can reduce the size of your Camera Roll and improve backup and restore times.
    ◾If you wish to import the photos to other computers, don't select this option.
    ◾If you don't want Windows to delete photos from your camera on subsequent imports, deselect this option when you're finished.

8.After setting your import options, click OK to dismiss the window.
    9.Click Import.
    10.After the import is complete, Windows will display your photos.

8. timmy twoshoes

Untitled.jpg

i too printed that out last night , but as you can see in the photo i dont have any of those options...This is a 1st generation ipod NOT an iphone

I cant use itunes / i cloud as this is not my divice and you cant have more than 1 device on the same account

#8 timmy twoshoes, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  9. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Have you tried i-funbox?

It's an alternative application to iTunes and allows you to manage you apple device.
    I have used it to transfer photos and ringtones n stuff to my phones before, miby worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  10. timmy twoshoes

Many thanks for that , just downloaded ifunbox but it didn't recognise the device. After reading on Google about these
    ( Ithmb ) files, it is becoming clearer that they are in fact linked to Apple Mac,and the only way they can be converted back to their original size is by using an Apple Mac computer . Many thanks for all the valued input

Ride safe