Iran unveils its stealth fighter

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, Feb 3, 2013.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I thought you'd all appreciate this as it's made me laugh my head off :D

All over the news this morning that president Armanidinnerjacket has announced the unveiling of Iran's new home-produced stealth fighter. There's some grainy footage of this technological marvel flying past but as anyone with a pair of eyes can tell the footage actually shows a quarter scale model plane in flight. You can tell by the engine noise.

There are some pictures of this technological marvel on the link below. It looks to be made of fibreglass and the cockpit just made me piss myself laughing. It looks like they got it out of a Cessna. There isn't even a HUD :D

Enjoy :D

Iran's new Qaher-313 stealth fighter: No, it's not April fools day - The DEW Line

• Like Like x 1
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I see this on the news but I could not see it ;)

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting that alongside the othe shortcomings it suffers in the reports, the cockpit wall does look like the unfinished interior face of a GRP panel.

Still, Iran doesn't actually need a gen 5 combat aircraft to start WWIII, it just needs to convince Mossad or the CIA it does.

The canards look blended too rather than all moving so the flight surfaces will suffer at transonic speeds. The air intakes are blocked by the wing root filets so it'll stall at any decent angle of attack.

If it really exists, which I doubt, I don't think many F35 or even IAF Eagle pilots will be losing sleep tonight ove the revelation.

And yes, the scale speed in the video is wrong and nobody's seen fit to dub scale engine sound onto it either.

#3 kpone, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013