Is Almax still the goto ground anchor/chain/lock combo ?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BeelzebubUK, Mar 18, 2024.

1. BeelzebubUK

BeelzebubUK New Member

Seen them mentioned a few times in older threads. Any other combos worth looking at ?

Would probably go for the Series V combo for £370

2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I have seen the youtube vid where even the best thatcham locks last less than 60 secs, I have outdoor PIR floodlights cheap and easy, then alarm systems, then finally ground anchors, Hopefully they have been put off by the time they decide to chop through the locks

• Like Like x 3
  5. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Weapon of choice is the cordless angle grinder so a good tip is to locate the ground anchor, chain and lock so that it's hard to get at physically. If you can tuck them tight into a corner and have the bike blocking them in it will help. Will make access for you putting the lock on harder but also anyone reaching in with the grinder harder too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BeelzebubUK

BeelzebubUK New Member

It's going to be in the garage so I'll probably put the anchor low down in the middle of the wall where there's a double brick pillar that makes a corner. If they get that far and still going nothings going to stop them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I have one of these concrete in ground anchor, in my opinion there is no safer form of anchor and for £24 on ebay, incredible value for money. Ive just bought another one for my new garage ready for when I move house in a couple of months.
    I use it in conjunction with an Oxford Chain, can't remember what model but its the thickest I could find, monster or boss or whatever. Also an Oxford Omega disc lock that I've had for around 20 years! Screenshot_20240323-091127_eBay.jpg Every bit of security you can use is just a deterent, if the scum really want it and they have the time they'll get it. But there's nothing you can do to this type of ground anchor.......unless they bring a pneumatic drill!! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5