Is it just me

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

First ride out on Saturday, about fifty/sixty miles, some bumpy Fens lanes and some fast A roads. Like I said the other day I had forgotten how bloody fast these bikes are, managed to scare/exhilarate (very thin line between the two) myself at least a couple of times. I also had another short blat yesterday afternoon.
    Today struggled to get out of bed and I can hardly walk. I seem to have re discovered muscles in my arse cheeks and inner thighs I didn’t know I had. Standing up and sitting down is a real problem. I have no idea how I am going to be able to drive to Heathrow this morning. When she stopped laughing Ling said I look like a like stroke victim that’s shit himself.

2. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

I know what you mean, it's us old folk lol. That’s why i brought a Bonneville, for the days when my wrist neck and legs ache, especially when I’ve not ridden for a while

3. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I feel like you do all the time mate. Think it's the arthritis!!!

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Uncanny. There's a line of hurtyness running down the outside of both arms from the meaty part of my shoulders to my wrists and my arse feels like it's done 20 years in a turkish prison this morning. I think the arm ache comes from the outward leg of my ride out and the arse ache from the dual carriageway sprint home.

Funny, I don't remember getting this old.

Wonder if I played with the angle of the bars whether that would ease the pressure off my wrists.

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

With my hip problems I have had over the last few years I get this for the first few rides. just sitting on a bike in a position your body is not used to for some time.

6. Givover

Givover God Like

Old folks on Superbikes 'What are they like'

• Like Like x 2
  7. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Grumpy Old Men!!

;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me. I think I keep pretty supple with clambering about in lofts and under floors, running up and down stairs etc doing my crappy job, sparky. Oh, and shagging too.:D

9. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Shagging.................a distant memory of days gone by, now just faded memories of youth. Rather have a bike ride any day at least it lasts longer and the bike never nags me!

Back to the topic, I feel it quite a lot although I am physically busy every day. My hands are the main problem, arthritis and today they are very painful, but they would have ben painful to a point if I hadn't had a ride. While riding I often get cramp in my hips, which is a real joy, especially as it comes on suddenly, usually on an apex or when I need to change gear.

The joys of getting older. A few years ago I decided I was too old for a sports bike, so I brought a naked. It lasted 6 months, too boring, even though it was a fast one and very pretty. I px'd it for another sports bike and decided that if the time comes that I can't ride a sports bike I will just stop riding.

So anti inflammatory tablets and painkillers get taken every day, if I am fit enough to work I am fit enough to ride.

I actually enjoy my riding more now at 56 than I did before, probably because I know the time left is limited and make the most of each ride.

10. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Aye. Similar story here this morning. I'm not exactly limping but I can certainly feel that I've done something that my body's not used to. My hips and arse feel like I've done a bit of a work out or something :eek:

11. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

You oldies need to get in the gym or something . Moaning like a bunch of girls lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Hey Blaggers! Are you a burglar ????

• Like Like x 1
  13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I was thinking something more rodentine when I read it earlier but I didn't want to say in case he took it the wrong way.

14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

"You oldies need to get in the gym or something . Moaning like a bunch of girls lol"

GYM..........Dan that's outrageous, what are you doing trying to kill us ?

or something !...........now that sounds more interesting .........Rhianna maybe :)

Moaning like a bunch of girls............more like old women Dan.

Your time will come Dan, let us be a lesson to you, years of drinking, fornication, a lifetime of bikes and other fun wrecks your body, just look at Ken Haha only joking Ken :).

• Like Like x 1
  15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't look at me for chris'sake, you'll turn to stone.

It's at moments like this that I find solace in the words of Dr Jones.

'it ain't the years, it's the mileage'.

16. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Unfortunately I am a high miler Ken and lots of careless previous owners and no maintenance.

17. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Almost back to normal (normal as when compared to the next 1000rr.co.uk psychopath) today. I could swear the pilot must have seen me shuffling on the plane and decided an extra hard landing would be a laugh.

Exfire, your never to old for shagging, the only differences nowadays are:

Blade:
    You want to do it again straight away
    Make sure nothing has fallen off or loose
    You lovingly clean it up and pamper it
    Make sure its safe and secure

Wife or girlfriend:
    Go to sleep

Roll on the weekend, and if the roads are dry hopefully both will be on the cards.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RepsolBlade

RepsolBlade Active Member