It's 20deg tomorrow, and sunny....

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Si., May 6, 2013.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

So, I'm off out on a joyride all day!!!

best day and warmest of the year so far....

bring it on chaps!

2. Alblade

Alblade God Like

been doing DIY all day - traffic / cops today will have been bad so just about to nip out on bike for an hour or so as it will be quiet.

3. Joe

Joe Member

Fireblade has a massively buggered rocker gasket seal.

Ducati's alarm won't let it start

Honda TLR is just in bits

Focus RS is leaking oil from oil turbo return pipe.

So i'm cutting the grass - pissed off!

4. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

I am off with my blade as well.;)

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just been sent this by my friend local plod. The United Nations Global Road Safety Week starts today, no doubt motorcyclist are fair game

WHO | Second UN Global Road Safety Week

Keep em peeled.!

6. RichC

RichC Active Member

Avoid Bank hols due to traffic. We stick to our 7:30am sunday routine.

7. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Looking forward too it :D

8. cbr1

cbr1 Active Member

went to ponder this morn at 8 oclock and are mates in blue :( were every were went through 2 speed traps but got flashed before we got there :D then came behind some some fast lad ? on a rsv really smooth in the bends but never really went for it on the straights then we court up another copper in a car and he sat nice and close behind him ? we pulled off for the ponder cafe and he stayed with the cop sneeky get yes he was a cop

9. Bart

Bart Active Member

Did 200 mile around South/Mid Wales today and saw no plod, very strange, cracking day though.

10. cbr1

cbr1 Active Member

must of all been in the north with the bsb ?

11. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Yup I'll be taking the bike to work tomorrow the long way round, and then again once work finishes.
    Got to make the most of it.

12. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

A whole weekend of parties, no chance to ride the bike, so I am off to work on it tomorrow for the rest of the week, hope the weather stays good. Norfolk to Essex for work I digs all week so, dick Turpin on Tuesday and Bentley on Wednesday. Quiet night Thursday and a nice long ride home on Friday.

13. hamster

hamster New Member

a few of us spent all day out in mid and south wales too .250 miles done :)... we didn't see any plod on the roads confusing normally loads ..no doubt they will be out in force soon :-( .. we were told that they were just outside of Abergavenny by a lady rider who got done for small plate hmmmmm whats the deal with small plates ? I have had a ticket in the past as alblade knows lol just don't get the issue with them ?

it was a great day out apart from bloody tourists and caravaners oh and numpty teenage drivers doing 30 mph in 60 zones lol

14. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Going anywhere nice Si?

15. Si.

Si. God Like

Don't know yet dude. Most of the NW seems good weather wise, so the worlds my oyster.

16. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

got up and started with some DIY making a promise by 12 i'l be out on bike..... 20:34...... bar stool where the day gone..... my baby will think i dont love her

tomorrow back on a chemical plant at wilton site great

17. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Worked today and Saturday so treating myself to a day off tomorrow. Was thinking of a run up to Whitehaven, great twisties and very quiet especially midweek.

18. Si.

Si. God Like

Hmmm...would have been up for Whitehaven sands, ain't been up there in yonks....
    however, got to take kids to school, then bank some dosh at 9.30 and then be back by 3, so cutting it fine...

always next time.....

19. Givover

Givover God Like

And there was me thinkin you was married ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I've been out on the bike a collosal twice this year :( I started a renovation on my house several years ago and have done the jobs piecemeal since then. This year I've finally got pissed off looking at it and made my peace with the fact that I f*cking hate DIY :D so the kitchen's been skimmed, the hall, stairs, landing, living room and lounge have been fully decorated, the new composite front door and surround and new UPVC back door have been ordered and are getting fitted on Thursday. The tiler's doing the kitchen and some finishing work on the bathroom tomorrow and the day after. I had a new toilet and a new bathroom floor put in last week. There's a new floor going down in the hall and kitchen. The bathroom and kitchen are getting decorated the week after that. Then a builder's coming in the next few weeks to build a new front garden wall, replace the lintel and replace the 6 courses of bricks above my garage door, brick up and old bin port and point up the front of the house and render a section that's covered in f*cked up old wood.

It's nice to finally get the place finished but I coulda had a new bike for what it's cost and I've already missed a bit of riding due to the fannying on with it. It can't get finished soon enough.

• Like Like x 1