It's been 4 months and counting

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

And looking like it's not going to be until March until the bike comes out. :(

Been Since oct that I have my eye issue and blindness. Not a fun thing but soooo missing riding. Last op this Tuesday then give it a few weeks and Riding should be on the cards. just hope it does not snow

How long since your last ride? a day, today? or months ago?

God I miss it

2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

October....not even turned a wheel on the Gixer straight out of delivery van and into garage,starting to get a bit twitchy now.

3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

About a week, I rode to work on the Suzuki as the weather was properly unsettled, had the back end step out a couple of times on icy bits though :eek:

The Blade is staying under blankets till the council give up chucking salt onto the roads..

4. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Same as you Remal.

Never mind it's only just around the corner now. Just the last kick of winter (normally February/start of March) and we will be back out again.

I can't wait as I have got a few things to try out on the bike this year that should make a big improvement.

5. rob929rr

rob929rr Active Member

My bike was put away in October but I went out for a short ride a couple of weeks ago. Felt good. Otherwise I'm not planning to get out again until March when *hopefully* we get the first warm day of the year. Or maybe not :D

Remal, what are your eye issues?

6. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks back, took a sedate and icy cold pootle to the next town and back... other than that hasn't moved since the clocks went back

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

The Blade was last out in September.

The Tracker was early November at the last TD of the year.

8. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Not been able to get out to do anything to my bike in about 3 months bar topoff the fuel tank n put solar charger on it never mind actually ride it!

Even got some new bits to get fitted to it in some boxes with gold Ö's printed on them before start of season!

But got the privilege.........eh no the short straw to take Colin's blackbird for its Mot (for its new owner) in what can only be described as a storm! Heavy rain/flooding n wind speeds of upto 75mph oh and the tyres missing almost 10psi each made for an interesting ride! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

21st of october was my last race, since then I have stripped the bike and sold it in pieces, bought a 2013 blade, built that into a trackbike and it'll go away next friday for transport to monteblanco in Spain. 20th Feb will be the next day I ride and I will have 4 days, hopefully in the sun!

10. gray

gray Active Member

September only a short run and only one of 3 through the whole of last summer because of this bloody illness, so hoping for a good trouble free year 2014

11. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

Yesterday. But Jeez it was cold!!!! So it wasn't a life affirming enjoyable 20 mins, but then the commute usually isn't.

12. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Mate wish you a full recovery. Hope you get out a lot more in 2014

Not been out on mine since early November. March isn't too far away.

#12 bradt, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Late september was my last ride out due to my little boy arriving at the start of october. Got a weeks holiday in 2 weeks so I will be out then fingers crossed

14. rocket

rocket Active Member

Went to mot my aprilia in sept which never happened as flat battery stopped me from going out. ( try bump starting a v twin lol ) not been on a bike since.

15. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

well it's meant to be a sunny 7c tomorrow :) might take a quick blast ;)

16. Andy

Andy Active Member

26th October was my last ride out, but you can't count the crappy ride around the block to program my GIPro Xmas present in January
    March can be good for some decent weather, hope you have a better year this year Remal with your health & operations

17. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Yesterday on the 929, back out this morning.

Good luck with the eye dude.

18. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Out n about today........last time the Blade was rode was in October in Scotland!!

19. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I have been going out on mine but the roads have not been good. Of course today is sunny as was yesterday but my lower fairings are in a paint shop being sprayed gloss black so no ride.............typical.

20. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

September for me but going to test the 600 out next week after suspension is set up