It's Only Taken 7 Months !

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Mar 1, 2015.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Took out the Blades insurance with Swinton at the back end of August, all done online as they are these days.
    Once I paid up I got the documents through in an email like usual and the standard letter asking for no claims proof and photo-copy of both parts of my driving license.

As there is a Swinton shop near where I live, so I went in there and showed the staff the letter, "thats ok, we can do all that for you here" so I handed them all the proofs that it asked for.

Photocopies taken, details entered onto the system...all sorted the lady in the shop said..

So, 7 months later, I get a letter through the post, "it appears that we have not received a copy of your driving license, (paper/photocard) and we may not be able to continue your insurance without these by return of post"

I feel a rather irate phone call will be the order of the day come tomorrow morning, asking a couple of quite simple questions, (a) why haven't they got a copy as I physically took them into the shop, and (b)...why the hell has it taken 7 months for them to decide to write to me and tell me that one of their staff has ballsed up..

2. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

I had a rather heated conversation with Swintons a few years ago........they rang some 3 months before my cover was due to expire ,she asked if I was going to renew when the time came, I asked how much more they wanted and she said " oh it's only about £15 " so I said sure why not......needless to say it was a load more than that so I did the comparison route and found it a load cheaper........I then rang them ....about 2 months before the renewal date and declined their cover....well.......they only wanted £50 to cancel ! , needless to say after loads of letters,phone calls they dropped the issue......wont ever ever use those muppets again

• Downvote Downvote x 1
  3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Have to say they've been great for me but just like most insurance companies these days you do most of the sodding legwork yourself or it doesn't get done.

4. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I was with Swinton at first then changed companies at renewal as they wanted £1300 for a multibike policy asking £800 for the blade alone.
    I got it covered elsewhere for £250 fully comp.
    I went back to them this time as their quote was the cheapest, but when you use the counter services and are told, face to face everything has gone through ok, then told 7 months later that someones lost the details..it's kinda poor customer relations

5. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I was with Swinton at first then changed companies at renewal as they wanted £1300 for a multibike policy asking £800 for the blade alone.
    I got it covered elsewhere for £250 fully comp.
    I went back to them this time as their quote was the cheapest, but when you use the counter services and are told, face to face everything has gone through ok, then told 7 months later that someones lost the details..it's kinda poor customer relations...but then you kind of expect it these days

6. rocket

rocket Active Member

I was insured with them about 6-7 years ago for a few years. One particular year they never sent my certificate thru and at the time wasn't offering the emailing of documents service. After asking 3 times for it and them claiming they'd sent it and double checking post addresses I cancelled mid policy. I was paying monthly and they demanded I pay the outstanding amount because I'd cancelled. I refused and they said I was in breach of terms and they'd take it further. After several,heated discussions and me telling them that them not providing correct documentation was a breach of contract on there part they eventually backed down. Will never ever use them again!! Good luck.

7. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

They should change their name from Swinton to swindling had a multi bike policy that went from £350 to £1300 the next year on renewal yet could have insured separately for £400! Tried to charge a cancellation fee despite me telling them on 4 different phone calls I wasn't renewing and then took 4 months to provided proof on NCB! Shocking doesn't even cover how bad their customer service is