Its Tyre Time

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Lock, May 14, 2011.

1. Lock

Lock Active Member

Going to have to get some new tyres soon, well will do after a 2500 mile tour on them!

Had Pirelli on my bikes for the last ohhhh 9 years or so and seem quite happy with them (tried a friends bike was same as mine but it had Dunlops on and i found it hard to turn in!)

Had Diablo Supercorsa, Corsa and Corsa III. All probably way above my riding style (slow and steady) but they seem to grip well

Can get pair Diablo Corsa £165, Corsa III £200, Rosso Corsa £180 (£205 take £25 with voucher)

Anyone using the new Rosso Corsa? Thinking of getting them, especially as they are on offer at the mo.

Cheers

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Lock. I would go for the Rosso Corsa for £180. That's a very good price and the tyre will be very capable!

Check Here for more tyre info.

3. Lock

Lock Active Member

Gone for it, ordered them for £202 inc delivery - then i'll claim back £25 from Pirelli so will end up as £177 inc delivery which is pretty good. Will get them fitted for around £20 so alls well that ends well! (hopefully).

4. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

That is a bargain. I wish I went for them instead of the SportSmart's I've just put on - they cost £267 fitted. Yours will be just as good.

5. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

Hi,

I ran Diablo Rosso Corsa's on my GSXR750 and they were a great tyre - lots of grip, confidence inspiring unlike the OEM BT016s and reasonable mileage.

6. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Rob let us know how you are getting on with the Sportsmarts please. Only heard good things about them.

7. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

So far so good. Loving the 55 profile. Not done too much hard riding (apart from a nice rolling stoppie at about 40mph by mistake!!) but I'm at Brands next Monday to give them a right roasting!

8. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Full GP circuit at Brands? A couple of my mates were up there today doing the GP Circuit

9. Lock

Lock Active Member

Tyres turned up today, so super fast delivery. Won't put them on until after the Scotland tour in June, but thought i'd get them now whilst the discount offer was on. Reckon 2000 miles or so will finish off the current tyres that are on there (diablo corsa III - has 2500 on so far)

10. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Afraid not just the indy. I really want to do the GP though.