Jazz Hands...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Apr 12, 2015.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Was going to post a picture, but I think most folk know what jazz hands are...
    Anyway to my tale...
    First day back at work last Thursday, bright, sunny day and forecast for it to stay that way all day..
    So, I use the Blade to go to work on, which is a 5 minute ride or 10 minutes if I take a detour.

Where I work is on an old, very large chemical complex that is now, pretty much, brownfield, but with some nice straight roads with decent tarmac and a few kneedown corners.
    Also, as it's privately owned, then the roads are closed roads, (not public highway)

The downside is the legacy 30mph limit, which is occasionally enforced by the security personnel.

So I tootles along steady away letting the engine get up to temperature so that by the time I reach the end of the long straight road the leads to and goes by my work, it's ready to rock...

So I pinned it, went past work at a decent pace ;), to the end of the road, turned round and rode back.
    As I approached work and the main car park, I saw one of my colleagues approaching on his pedal bike, though he is also a motorbike rider.
    By this time I'm only doing about 25-30mph as the carpark entrance is roughly 150m away.
    My colleague waves as I approach, so I return the wave...using both hands...jazz hands...

Put hands back on the bars, pulled into work and parked up...no drama.

That is until I'm walking towards the offices, when the MD appears, looking none too happy..

"Morning" says I in my cheery way...

"I want a word with you" say's MD, "What the hell do you think you're doing riding like that?" :mad:

"Like what?" with my best innocent face on..

"Riding with no hands, and how fast were you going...thats dangerous and I'm not happy"...obviously..

"Was only doing 30, and no hands is perfectly safe for an experienced rider" :rolleyes:

Mr MD then goes a slightly deeper shade...
    "Don't take me for a bloody idiot, you were doing more than %^$*+ 30..why didn't you have your hands on the bars ?" :mad:

"Cause I was waving to said colleague" I replied with a smile.. :)

"Well if I catch you riding like that again, I'll ban that bike off site and you and I will be parting company"..
    and off he stomped..

Later that morning, I got dragged into the office by my manager for a health and safety investigation into "alleged dangerous riding of a motorcycle"
    The questions went like this..
    Q) How did you travel to work this morning
    A) Helicopter
    Q)So you didn't ride a motorbike...
    A)"sighs" yes..!!
    Q)What colour is your bike
    A)Multicoloured
    Q)It's alleged you were seen riding past at well above the 30mph limit, what speed would you say you were doing, also you were seen riding with no hands.
    A)Well.. how about you tell me what speed I was doing, I'm telling you I was doing 30..
    Q)I don't know what your actual speed was, but the witness states that in their opinion it was far more than 30, so was it..?
    A)Unless your witness was using an approved and calibrated speed measuring system, then their opinion count's for f*&k all...also, whatever I was doing on the road past here has sod all to do with you or work, I wasn't on work time, on work premises or anything else, whatever speed I may or may not have been doing on the road is between me and the site owners.
    Secondly, as I explained to the MD this morning, after all he is said witness I take it, riding a moving motorcycle in a straight line with no hands is perfectly safe as the gyroscopic forces generated keep the bike upright and moving in straight line until input is applied through the steering.
    So how about this...this investigation has no basis in work and you're wasting mine and company time, I have better things to do and I'm sure you have too

Reply was...well thank you for coming in and that concludes the investigation..

I don't seem to have heard any more since...oddly enough..

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

Mardy feckers.....lol, it's your own fault though, you should have popped it on the back wheel, then instead of using two hands to wave, use two fingers!!

3. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

LOL...I have had a few at work suggest that for next time, but knowing my luck I'd bin it royally...

4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Sounds like your MD's not getting none at home :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Print this out and put on suitable walls ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Get me your MD's address... I'll take care of him :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  7. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

You'd make his blood boil every time he saw it lol

8. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

That, sir, is a splendid idea...I'm at work and we have a colour printer... :D

Update....deed is done..strategically placed with plausible deniability...

What ??... Who ? Me !!....no sir...looks like someone is trying to get me into trouble...

#8 t0m541, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I could do you a life size one, Tom...

• Like Like x 1
  10. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

What a bunch of tools... sounds like they've had H&S rammed up their backsides till its flowing un-checked from their clueless mouths!

I once came off my bike in the work's car park, right in front of my MD, and the Technical Director...... they laughed, then helped me pick the bike off the floor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My boss is one of those who sits beside you while you're driving, constantly telling you how he would be driving better than you are at any given time. "I'd have tucked in behind him there." "I'd have overtaken him there." "I'd be holding the wheel differently at this point."

Or I may be a shite driver...

12. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Well it would appear that I'm getting banned from driving on site for a month by security at the request of my boss.
    Looks like that fitness kick I have been meaning to start is now going to be compulsory...pedal cycle getting dusted off and tyres pumped up..
    Just as well it's only 2 miles to work...

13. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

Segway or monocycle???

14. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Think you need take a month off work sick leave the stress of this bullying and harassment has become too much for you.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Don't forget to have both hands off the handlebars when you ride on to the estate ;)

16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Ride in and then get off and push it through the gates

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Was this you on your way to work this morning?!? :D

cen_cyclist_01-ay_96651024.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

No....I don't have my brake levers in that position...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I
    its hard to tell they have blurred his penis

image.jpg

20. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

I done the same type of thing in My RsTurbo S1, but it was in college grounds where I was studying engineering.

Done a nice handbrake turn, powering out as still moving round.
    Perfect.

Admittedly it was outside a portacabin class room full of teenagers and I was about 26 at the time.

The head went mental, got called up with my tutor( who was a proper nice bloke, worked on the GT40 project for Le Mans) and we both got told off like naughty school boys :D

Still haven't grow up now !!!

• Funny Funny x 1