Just As Expected

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Aug 22, 2015.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

As some of you may have read, I had a little mishap at work a few weeks back
    http://1000rr.co.uk/threads/biking-season-over-for-me-not-for-squeamish.26868/

Anyway after 4 weeks on suspension whilst the disciplinary investigation went on, they convened a meeting yesterday, myself, my union rep went, we shot their allegations down as baseless and that the investigation was biased and unfair (not allowing us to cross examine vital witnesses in person but having to write any questions down for them to write their answers back) even though the company had questioned them face to face.
    A whole host of other stuff that was very shady too.

So the bloke chairing the investigation, thanked us for our representation and went off to decide on what to do.

An hour later, called us back and upheld the companies line lock stock and barrel...just as expected.

Spouted all the usual bullshit about how he thought the allegations were true and we hadn't given him any reason to think otherwise etc etc, summarily dismissed and so on.

Before we went in I had said to the union guy that it was all a show and that the dismissal letter would have been already printed out weeks ago, someone at the top has taken a dislike to me on a personal level and wanted me gone and so was pulling strings, the union bloke said it was blatantly obvious what had gone on as they had made such a massive mountain out of a relatively small accident and more or less said I did it on purpose.

But hey ho...onwards and upwards

Going to be a sunny day tomorrow so plenty of biking time now I'm getting better motion in the finger.

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Not a good outcome, but as you said they had stacked the decks against you. Hope you get something sorted quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

That is shit Tom! Good luck with it all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Obviously I've not been an idle boy whilst having these past few weeks, got lots of applications in, pushing CV's out all over, had a bit of positive feedback, so hopefully something will crop up.
    During my time there, I bought a lot of tools as they didn't supply much when I first started and what they did buy was toffee.
    Any after matey boy had finished spouting, I asked my manager to allow me to empty my rather large tool chest of tools I had bought, much to my surprise, he said I could keep everything, including other stuff they had bought at my request during my time and the tool chest.
    Luckily I drive a full size transit so it got loaded by forklift and the van knew it was onboard..
    The slight downside of it is, I have a very well equipped workshop at home with everything I'd ever need, but now I suddenly have 2 or 3 of a boatload of stuff and not a lot of places to put it all.
    The tool chest, once it's empty and I can get it out of my van will have to live out in the garden under a sheet till I decide what to do with it.

5. Abb

Abb Active Member

Sorry to hear the outcome Tom. Fingers crossed for you bud, you get sorted soon.

6. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Cheers Abb...I should get something, I have lots of strings on my bow so not really tied to one career path.
    This job was quite well paid and, as you know, you get kinda used to the lifestyle.
    But I have all stuff sorted, bikes and vehicles all up to date etc, so It's just the regular bills to keep up with, which a lower paid job will cover if nothing similar comes up short term.
    In fact just applied for a position with a national company, looking after woodlands and habitats.
    I like the outdoors and fresh air :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Start new job Tuesday morning, can't keep a man of my vast talents down :D
    Had 4 job offers this week with the phone ringing off the hook from agencies..
    I think my old firm thought they were kicking me in the balls by being cucking funts, but they just gave me the push I needed to get out of the rut I'd gotten into :D

• Like Like x 3