Just doing some totting up...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Dec 23, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

We jokingly started looking up the values of some of the limited edition prints we've accumulated over the years and were genuinely surprised at even the approximate figures it produced, not including some of the ones I've been given by grateful clients.

Sitting here bored shitless already just two days into the holiday I've just glanced up at an early edition Hasbro 'Transformer' toy I was given over 25 years ago sitting on the bookshelf and googled it to see if there were any for sale.

Somebody is trying to sell the box for one on the bay for £182...

W T F!

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have about 10,000 comics, many crap but all US and including 1960's X-men#15, Early spider man, limited editions, 70-80's limited run Batman series etc.. and loads of first appearance of some major comic hero's and villains.

last estimate for insurance was fun but not idea how much they would be worth in the past 10 years. And all kept in Mylar bags, no acid backing etc....

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got a few comics, the first 9 Eagle annuals and a Silver Surfer No 1. A bit of early Jack Kirby stuff but nothing mint. Nothing that valuable I think.

A guy I worked with until recently bumped into Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong at Heathrow when he was a kid and got their autographs on one sheet of paper. He reckoned they were worthless but I could never talk him into parting with them.