Just entered my first BSB round!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bongo, Jun 6, 2012.

1. bongo

bongo Active Member

Morning all, had a mental couple of weeks, being home for only 3 days in the last 14!! Back now from a scorching Oulton Park Thundersport round, and a hot and wet Hottrax round at Anglesey where i may or may not have skidded along the tarmac on my head!!

I'll have reports up on my site sometime today and tomorrow for these and i'll chuck a link up on the stickied bongo177.com thread :)

This morning i have entered my first wildcard BSB National Superstock 1000 race, at Oulton Park 6th-8th July! I am properlye excited for to have this opportunity, and cannot wait to get out there with the quick boys and see what sort of times they can drag me down to.

I'm doing it for a great experience, and to see how the Paddock runs. It is an ambition to run more in the National class in the future depending on support and backing, and for now, this will be a big eye opener and learning curve, hopefully giving me some great experiences and making me a faster, better racer.

I have currently entered the round on the credit card. I am mid way through a Thundersport GB Superstock 1000 championship and because of this, money is very tight. If you would like to become involved in my racing to benefit your company by means of advertising on my website, bike, leathers etc, not to mention potential for tickets to races etc, or if you would like to help on a personal level, then please get in touch. I have a wonderful group of sponsors and supporters around me that help me do what i do, but i still spend every single penny i earn to try to get me and my bike up on them podiums, and any help is greatly appreciated.

I am trying to raise some money for this British round to help with tyre and fuel costs, and if there is anything you can do to help, please get in touch. The bike will be an orange blank canvas before this round, with opportunities for branding across the bike.

BSB is screened to millions throughout the world on Eurosport, and with many thousands watching live at the track, walking around the paddock, your name could also be the title sponsor of the bike in the programmes, commentary and timing.

I'm not a big team, i'm out of the back of my transit van with a £300 caravan and a normal job! If you can help, i'll love you forever!

Even if you can't help it's cool, just make sure you watch when it's on the telly :D

Excited Bongo!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Well done mate and look forward to seeing you win

all the best and enjoy mate

3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Good luck mate!

4. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Will look out for you on the top step!!!

5. bongo

bongo Active Member

Dunno about that mate! Well, i do know! I'll be nowhere near it lol. The front few in this class are truly mental, posting 1:38's versus BSB's 36's, they're as fast as anyone in the world on a stock thou machine! My aims are to be in the middle third, with 1:42's over my current 44PB. It's realistic, and doable in the right crowd.

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

• Like Like x 1
  6. dave d

dave d Elite Member

good luck fella :D maybe if we all chuck a tenner in thru paypal you can av a forum sticker on side of bike that would be helpful....

#6 dave d, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  7. bongo

bongo Active Member

A few pounds off several people is often much easier to get than many pounds off one person! If anyone would like to help out in this way I can use the sides of the bike to list the supporters and ensure your name was on the bike and you would have my thanks in my reports, on the site etc etc, along with of course some forum URLs on the bike!

8. scooby

scooby Elite Member

good luck with it bongo,think i'm going watching this round will say hi.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm liking this idea. Haven't got a clue how it could be organised, but I'm liking it.

10. bongo

bongo Active Member

I am happy to put my paypal up if people would have any interest? I didn't want to suggest it though as if it had acually occured to me, then i'd have felt well cheeky asking! But if anyone would like to help out and have their name on the bike on a BSB grid then i'd be over the moon! I will be stripping all the graphics off the bike and coming up with a new design for the BSB round and can incorporate everyones names on the bike so that everyone that helps will have their space.

I will obviously do my bit as usual on my site and on Facebook, and of course on here and trackdayriders.co.uk. Seriously though i would not want people to think they are paying for this so i can have a free ride. I spend every single penny i earn on my racing and anything you helped out with wouldn't mean i spent any less! If you're wiling to do it and are happy to, and get somehting out of it then it's great. I feel kind of strange asking for money, it's a weird situation i'm not used to, but the whole sport is based on people paying for themselves and helping others, and ultimately everyone being happy with what they've chosen to do.

I've never done anything like this before so don't know how to do it either?! I could make another thread for it and if anyone would like to use Paypal, and send me a PM and/or message over Paypal i can arrange the rest. Alternatively if you have other ideas or siggestions, if you have a company and would like that advertised rather than your name, on my leathers and/or bike, i can arrange that too.

That sound ok?

Bongo

#10 bongo, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  11. dave d

dave d Elite Member

yeah mate stick up your paypal address i for one would be happy to go with the forum logo.....

12. bongo

bongo Active Member

That's extremely kind of you mate, thank you very much! My paypal address is [email protected]

Please leave me a message in there with your details so i can get you on the bike!

Thanks very much mate, you're a star!

13. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Best of luck mate .. really excited for you . Its nice to tell people that 1 of the boys from 1000rr i talk to is entering a BSB round .. Awesome fella !1 keep it up and keep us informed

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

great Idea and Bongo could we all get a small pic on your leather when we do :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. bongo

bongo Active Member

Thats a good idea Tim!

16. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Donation sent mate.

17. bongo

bongo Active Member

Thank you very much Husband of Lorraine! (If you would like your names on the bike could you PM me them, otherwise i will put on gRRandeelion & Lorraine :) )

I have just replied to the PM's ive had this morning. Thank you for the interest and support! If anyone has any info on my question about getitng hold of the image file of this forums logo so i can arrange getting prints for the bike underway id welcome the help!

Bongo

18. Rich_R

Rich_R Active Member

Awesome mate! Just reading your write ups on your website. Noticed we work for the same company (albeit a few thousand miles apart), thought about seeking any sponsorship internally? I saw they sponsored some of the North West 200.

Nice directory picture btw ;)

#18 Rich_R, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Can only wish you all the very best at the minute mate. Will try find a small donation to pay for ya red bulls..lol. Weather permitting i'll be at oulton on the 8th. Hope to catch up with ya there.

20. y2blade

y2blade Member

Wow fantastic, following with interest.
    do you Tweet at all? many of the racers do so thought I'd ask.

All the best fella.
    :)