Keis heated jacket - anyone got one

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stealth, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Stealth

Stealth Active Member

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Nutty Tart has a lot of heated gear. I think that might be Keis.

3. eyore

eyore Member

Yes and yes.:) Great bit of kit for really cold weather, usually only wear it if temp is below 7/8 degC ,but really worth buying. Dont waste money on the battery pack as it dosent last when using the vest at high or even medium settings, you need to be plugged into a 12v socket.

4. Stealth

Stealth Active Member

Just trying to picture how the lead attaches to the bike. Do you end up with a plug down by your seat like a connector for an intercom?.

5. eyore

eyore Member

Yes, afraid there is no other way around it. You need a socket somewhere handy below the seat area,and you just bunch up the cable between your legs out of the way. I think it need to be reasonably long because you will forget about it occasionally and get off the bike, so a bit of length avoids pulling wires out of plugs or damaging something. Anyway its no big deal.

6. Bart

Bart Active Member

Was looking a Keis but ened up with a BikeTek one......It one of those things I should have done years ago.....really , really brilliant. Have only used it on my old RRX so far and not on the 08 yet, but it only needed to be on the lowest setting for around 4-6 deg C.

Not sure about the 08's genny power out put though.....???

7. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

I was looking at Keis heated stuff, mainly gloves but they only go to xl... not big enough for my pan shovels ;) So I got some Alpinestars in xxxl , so far so good,the on/off switch is fixed by double sided foam tape the tank on the CBR600F, they are a bit bulky if I'm honest and don't think I'll wire them to the Blade in the spring? I am interested in how the body warmer works and may look at one for next season?