Kerching! aka getting old finally has a benefit

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, May 13, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Got the dreaded insurance renewal through today. Opened it up and it was cheaper than last year which was nice but then saw that once again Bennetts had added a £20 arrangement fee bumping it up to £279. Last year I ignored the renewal and took out a new policy with them, magically no £20 fee when I did that, but this time I went sod 'em.

Did a search and MCE spanked them at £175 despite me upping the mileage and adding business use. Excess was higher, £575 compared to £400, but it was a no brainer. Wasn't offered a chance to take out an excess protection policy but I should get the trackday cover :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

You will get a call from them in a couple of days re the excess insurance. I did exactly the same.

3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Did you tell them about your mods? Power commander exhaust and Chinese fairing and stuff?

#3 SimonRR, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Told them about the mods but not the fairings as I have the value lower due to not having OEM ones in the bike.

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Sounds good :)

6. iang27

iang27 Active Member

You should get your quotes through Topcashback, you get between £15 and £40 cashback and still get the same policy using the same website only through the Topcashback link. Free to join. I have received over £1000 over the last two years getting everything via the website. Sky, broadband, insurances etc etc.

Just make sure you clear your browser history before getting quotes or using their links.

Top CashBack Official Site - The UK's #1 CashBack Site

• Like Like x 1
  7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Búgger I knew I forgot something. I normally use Quidco.