Kind of leathers everyone using?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by bob_90, Nov 4, 2015.

1. bob_90

bob_90 New Member

Hey guys,

New to the forum.

Just wondering what kind of leathers everyone using I currently have Arlen ness leather but had them since I was 19 and they are getting mega tight lol. Looking to get a new set this winter before summer comes around and I get back out on the bike again.

What's everyone thoughts on leathers? 2 piece or 1 piece?

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

What do you ride?

3. bob_90

bob_90 New Member

I have a gsxr 750 k5 that I have had for a while I got a cbr rr 1000 2012 but couldn't get use to it so I have broken it for parts as couple mates wanted some bits off of it not sure what I want to get next I like the gsxr so possibly will get a newer one of them unsure yet

4. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I just use RST leathers as they were inexpensive and weigh a ton, they are taking a lot of loosening up, but I will get there :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. bob_90

bob_90 New Member

I have tried a set of rst leathers on didn't feel very comfy tho. Ur get better once u had them
    On a while Ye? Are yours two or one piece?

6. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Welcome I've got spada

7. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

I had a recent low speed off and I was less than impressed with the damage sustained to my RST Tracktech Evo leathers they were never comfortable and I was pleased to stick them in the bin.
    I now ride in Dainese Laguna Seca a bit pricey but ultra comfy straight out of the box....time will tell how they hold together when crashing! :eek:

8. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Welcome Bob I've always favoured 1 piece currently wear Dainese and looking to buy another set next year

9. gray

gray Active Member

Welcome
    I have a one piece BKS made to measure, prices... But fits like a glove

10. Philp10

Philp10 Member

Same as red5. Dainese all the way. So comfy. Bit pricey but u do get what u pay 4.

11. wurzel

wurzel Active Member

Wolf titanium kangaroo 1 piece for fine weather and Hein Gericke 2 piece what is very heavy for when its a bit iffy.

12. Scott

Scott Active Member

Held

13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hi & welcome
    I've got a blokes Alpinestars Orbiter 1 piece as I can't squash myself into the women's one, its real comfy & took no breaking in & I managed to get it for I think around £360ish. I've had Arlen N too tho and couldn't fault those either, heavier but better protection

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

+1

Lovely bit of kit, Expensive but would buy another

15. iang27

iang27 Active Member

Always had Dainese, found them to be excellent quality and fit.
    Got a new one piece Laguna Seca suit that was £800, wore it twice and it appears to have shrunk !
    Think I am going to have to sell it and get the next size, or eat less pies !

16. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

RST here, no problems :)

17. markie*mark0

markie*mark0 Active Member

older alpinestars (made in eu) are much better than the new ones made in asia. thats why i bought a set of old stock leathers as i didnt want the asia made ones

18. rewy..rr

rewy..rr Active Member

Wolf Kangaroo 1 piece ( fit like a glove and much lighter in weight to cowhide) and Dainese 1 piece .

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Looking at this as well.

Just looked up the Dainese Leguna Seca two piece, and Revzilla made an important point about two piece suits - the Dainese Leguna Seca is not meant to be worn just jacket alone, and two piece for the track. Due to its cut, the jacket is short, and meant to be for walking around the paddock with you jacket off, rather than riding around with the Jacket and a pair of jeans - if you see what I mean.

So, looking at it, if (like me) you are in the market for a two piece then you may have to look at suits that are designed to be worn jacket only, with a pair of jeans, and the trousers added when doing track days.

Currently got a lovely retro type Furygan, but the leather collar is a bit high, for the more leaned forward angle of riding on the CBR. It was ok on the other bikes like the Triumph and the VFR, but catches with the back of the lid when riding the Blade.

20. -steves-

-steves- Active Member

My RST's are comfy now I have had them this season, but they are thick and do take some breaking in. I dare say they would rough up well in a crash (as would anything), but no way would I expect to go through them, I consider them very tough and protective, its like wearing an entire cow. Mine are 2 piece as to put it bluntly I have short legs, a long back and am fat, no, I am portly, as fat is offensive, lol, not easy to get anything to fit :D;) If I wanted any other make its likely I would have to have it cut and stitched, so probably made to measure after that. My RST's, I love them for the price :cool: