Kirrkby Lonsdale to Skipton, rumble strips

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kevin1, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

It's been a while since I last did the Kirkby Lonsdale to Skipton run, but I am very disappointed by all these SLOW rumble strips they put in the road and quite a few are actually on bends. But it's not just there, they seem to be all over the place. There is one particular set not far from me that I consider dangerous (Givover you might remember that set) and a yet another that has been put in right in the middle of my favourite bend. I feel the need for a letter coming on.

2. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

I did that run two weekends ago mate, but I come off the main at Settle now and come the back roads via Ayrton, Rylstone and down the B6265 to Skipton. No jams or solid white lines to get stuck, and much less policed, just the occasional cyclist, rambler or sheep.

Put a pic of the road on here,
    http://1000rr.co.uk/pictures-videos/73.htm

#2 Pete H, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. Givover

Givover God Like

Cant remember the Strips but i do remember how crap some of the roads are up there and there again some are great but hammered.

4. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

There is a set on the whitby to guisborough road just before you crest a left band bend, to put them on a corner is just dangerous

5. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Fez I'm on that road this morning, where are those??