Kit cars

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by crin, Jun 4, 2012.

1. crin

crin Active Member

I'm so bored of driving and figure the only thing for it is a kit car... or a zonda but funds are just slightly shy at the moment.

Does anyone know of a practical kit car I can park outside as the blade is not going anywhere! Must be fun but cheap

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Fun yes, cheap might be a bit more difficult Crinny. I used to have a half share in a Caterham that was a money pit, mainly because we wanted to improve on the original specification decided by the previous owner and builder. Grin factor is great and best of all you can share it with someone else having two seats, but if you have huge feet it wont be comfortable as the peddle box area is very very tight.
    Last time I looked Caterham pricing was between 12 and 40 grand dependant on specification.
    Have a word with Remal, he has a kit car and I am sure will be able to point you in the right direction if you are serous.

3. crin

crin Active Member

I do have huge feet but I don't have that sort of money to burn. Was looking at tigers which go for around 4k for some models. Cheers for the input, I'll see what Remal has to say

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have a tiger Supercat, cracking car and lots of fun. loads of info about kit cars. worth looking at the locost sites, Pistonheads etc..... for a start

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

We've got Marlin just up the road in Crediton Crin, but it still wouldn't be the kind of thing I'd want to leave parked outside. Supacat up at Dunkeswell is probably a safer bet, but I don't know what a Jackal would run to.