Last day in Prison tomorrow.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Repsol_Dan, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Repsol_Dan

Repsol_Dan Active Member

Well Kind of

Tomorrow is my last day serving as a prison officer then I have 2 weeks off before starting my new job for network rail.
    Its hard to explain but im both excited and upset, The guys and girls I serve with go above and beyond every day for not a fantastic wage.
    they also do not always get the respect they deserve, An officer can see a lot of stuff a member of public would be horrified by.
    during my time I have seen how cuts have really affected safety, we really have to watch each others backs as trouble in the prison system is getting worse and worse.

I personally would ask someone to think twice about joining the service but for those who continue to do it you have my upmost respect.

Ive gained a lot from my time there including catering Nvq and even my hostage negotiator qualification and am thankful for this

Ps its nothing like porridge or bad girls lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Good luck. At least the commute should be about the same seeing how close Peterborough prison is to the train station.

3. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

A mate has given me a few details on what goes on and it makes my blood crawl.Some inmates carry on their sordid fantasies in the prison he works at.Some inmates were so traumatised in there they have gone insane or commited suicide. He now works in the softer prison through stress from the harder prison.
    He is only in there for another 5 years for the pension and he hates it too.
    Good luck with your new job.

4. Repsol_Dan

Repsol_Dan Active Member

im actually going to be working out of Bedford now, I used to work out of the depot in Peterborough before moving to the prison there

Sideways Prison isn't a punishment anymore , its just an occupational hazard for criminals, most of them carry on inside.
    iv seen stuff that would compete with the saw movies

• Like Like x 1
  5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Not like Bad/Mean Girls! :eek:

I spose if it was loads of Blokes would be signing up so they could 'service' all those frustrated ladies after dark!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Givover

Givover God Like

I have a couple of friends who have just take redundancy from Risley prison both have got jobs straight away Jan now works in Boots and really loves it and partner Si has got a job in a post yard and both say they should have got out sooner .Jan says its now raining drugs over the wall and there is no one around to control the problem it seems like they are making two thirds redundant and expect the others to pick up the slack .Looks like a riot on the way to me .:eek:

7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Good luck Dan...... by the sound of it you ll keep the trains on track better than those prisoners ! ;)

8. Andy

Andy Active Member

Best of luck with your new job Dan

9. chrissyd1000

chrissyd1000 New Member

Its a job I do over here in northern ireland, I have to say I love my job and the challenges I face daily however there is always the side of the job I hate....knife culture is becoming more prevalent over here, drugs are rife and then we as a country at 'peace' have to deal with the threat level posed outside the gates....

Good luck in your new job matey, hopefully will be a lot less stressful and u dont miss the service too much lol

10. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Good luck down with the change.

11. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

As the price of rail goes up you may need those hostage skills... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the new job Vinegar Tits. (Prisoner Cell Block H ref). :D