Latest money grabbing weeze

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup for all you Managers and company directors the HSE have now got the power to charge what they like and when they like .The wheeze is called, Fee for Intervention .This means you get an unannouced visit by a Hitler he then looks for any (Breech of the law /or regs.) and once found the meter then starts ticking so time on site =£ Time writing up =£ time assisting and revisits =£ once you get the invoice if you dispute the findings you will be charged £ to sort it out.This really is taking the piss when all businesses are on the back foot and there has been folks crying out for the cutting of red tape and company cost.:mad:

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

bloody typical

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Hmmm - they operate this in other industries such as oil and gas, but bet your bottom dollar that given the construction industry nature of operation this will descend into a wild west parking ticket fine mentality!!

Quick fines, small bills and massive incomes for the hse...

Don't particularly disagree with the theory, as all work places should be safe, and every person has a right to do a days work in a safe environment (as reasonably practicable given the nature of ones work) , and if a company breaks the law then why shouldn't they pay. Might make people adhere to laws of the land and make life safer for all??

however I'm concerned that it won't be managed right and it'll just be another kick in the nuts for us all.

#3 Jimbo Vills, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i am a truck mechanic.
    i had to go renew some interior panels on a truck at a customers site the other day.
    i had to sign in ,put on high viz, put on protective glasses to be worn at all times on premises,and drive around the bloody yard with my seatbelt on !
    the pits all had barriers around them with warnings and there was some old guy whose job it was to literally mop the floor all day (of course putting wet floor signs everywhere.)
    its no wonder the product that this place sells is so bloody expensive .
    i couldnt wait to get out of just so i could fart without fear of being banned from the place.

• Like Like x 1