Le Touquet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

JD, Please see below from my post earlier in the week:

Ken you mentioned Le Touquet. We love that place and go at least 4 or 5 times a year. There is the best sea food restaurant in Europe about half way up the high street called Perard. You have to have the seafood plate and need to book in advance at the weekend. Fresh Lobsters, crab, oysters, gambas. Not cheap but well worth the money IMO. Back to the hotel and hope the Oysters have worked their magic! Next morning shoot over the border into Belgium for ciggys, fill the boot with wine and we are done. Might be interested in a run over on the blade in the summer if its on the cards.

Ken mentioned that you might be arranging a run down their next summer.

2. JD

JD Active Member

Hi mate, here's the link: http://1000rr.co.uk/events-meetings-ride-outs/2175-3.htm

Was initially thinking April time but the trackday that Castrolcraig is organising will clash a bit, so maybe later, late June/early July. Agree with you, it's a fantastic place, and I know the Seafood restaurant you refer to, stood outside salivating when I first visited LT. Took a bunch of Gixerjunkies to LT about 3 years ago, organised lunch at a brilliant restaurant just outside the town, they looked after us very well and food was spot on as you would expect. Rode down the coast road, through Bolougne, 42 bikes in all. Let me know what you think, any suggestions etc.

JD

3. Freedom of choice

Food.jpg Sounds good to me I would be up for it dependant on when etc. Late June/Early July are ok at the moment as long as it’s a weekend.

If everyone was interested I could see if I can get a group deal at Perard, we know them quite well. Depending on numbers the booking would need to be made a while in advance as its not a huge place. As I said its not cheap about 29 Euros for the small plate and 35 Euros for the big one with Lobsters (see photo). Might be fun to have an over nighter with a few beers etc and bob back the next morning or wait till the afternoon for the lager level to recede if it turned in a monster session.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a lot of potential food poisoning right there.

Hey, Freedom, was your missus's SLK alright in the end?

5. Freedom of choice

Yes thank you all good----so far-----

Police came round earlier, no prints found, women said she had dusted another exec car earlier in the morning not far away that had lights stolen same night, she thinks it’s a pro job to order. I won’t have the parts for mine before the car gets swopped for a new one on the 4th which will be a big issue and what’s to stop the bsatrads coming back and going it again.

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Thank god then.

It's bad enough they trashed your van with windows but if they'd touched something as pretty as the SLK...

7. Freedom of choice

Think I would have cried if they had touch hers, we spent a fortune on it, designo paint, full sport pack, big wheels, leather, heated seats, sensors, auto everything fully loaded, the works, she wanted the full command system that I have in mine but she only goes to the bloody station in it, didn’t see the value of spending another 3k when I am sure she can find the way by now.

Mine might be a van with windows but have you any idea how bottles of French red you can fit in the back or how quick it is when HM customs are chasing me back up the M20

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Sweet. At least you're using it for something worthwhile.