Lean bike frame??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by samd1985, Jan 20, 2013.

1. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help here... I'm part of an IAM bike club and have been helping to run a basic cornering course for the past year that the club offers to members. This year we are looking to offer a more advanced cornering course to those who wish to further their skills having completed the basic course (called Look, lean and Roll).

It's my idea to push this advanced course and I'm in the process of researching ideas for it; the main one being getting hold of a lean and slide frame similar to that used at the California Superbike School. I can't seem to find any information on buying one, and I'm not sure these would actively be for sale, but could anyone suggest where to look or point me in the right direction? I know of at least one other school which uses the same frame idea as CSS so it must be possible to obtain somehow.

Any help would be great, also ideas perhaps of what could be included in a more advanced cornering course focusing on body positioning.

Sam

2. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Hey,
    I was led to believe via his video that Keith Code of the California Superbike School built the lean bike (or had it specially built for him) and they are not commercially available. If this is true he coulda patented the idea and this would be the reason why you are having so much trouble locating one!

3. samd1985

samd1985 Active Member

I think you're right mate. It mentions on their website that they use Keith's 'patented invention' for the lean bike. Looking at it though, the one they use has hydraulics and all sorts attached and you press the horn to release pressure and allow more lean angle. Seems pretty cool!