Leo Vince GP Pro

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Rhysos, May 22, 2011.

1. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

I am thinking of getting a Leo Vince GP Pro exhaust for my new HRC blade which I took delivery of yesterday and am very pleased with it!

Anyone else had one of these? Views or comments on this exhaust?

Also, is it easy to replace the existing exhaust with an aftermarket one on the blade? I noticed a few cables running places which would suggest lambda sensors somewhere...

Thanks in advance.

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Congrats on the new HRC !, I got mine yesterday too. Its fantastic.

I have gone with a carbon akrapovic can, because I have always had Akrapovic before and the quality is always top notch, the only other choice for me was the Leo Vince GP pro (looks great on the bike) and my mates sounds fantastic.

The dealership is going to fit my can at the 600m service for me, so no idea how they fit but guess someone on here will know

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I think that can is quite loud.
    Replacing the exhaust can involves disconnecting the exhaust valve cable and doing something with the lambda sensor.

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

one cable goes to the servo motor for the flap, which you unhook then turn back to is starting position so you dont get and EFI warning. also if you remove the servo the bike will retard itself and lose alot of power so leave it installed but without the cable.

the other cable is the lamda sensor which runs down the left side of the bike and plugs in next to the silver bolt on the upper left fairing. if your not fitting a power commander just plug the OE lamda sensor into the new pipe

for the best gains a PCV will make a big difference. i found my bike has miles better bottom end and mid range now.

the gp pro is very loud and the EVOII cans give more power but it depends what your after. theyre pretty straight forward to fit but the instructions are a joke!

5. iang

iang Active Member

#5 iang, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  6. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

7. GSP

GSP Active Member

I like these, there is a video of a yank blade going up and down his street and it sounds amazing.

Still don't know what exhaust to get for mine.

8. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

Damn my impatience. Already ordered a GP Pro... I'm sure you'll get a buyer for it though. Looking forward to getting it on my bike.

9. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Look forward to seeing some photos of the new zorst

10. Bats

Bats Active Member

what sort of price you after? and will it fit my 2011 model why ya selling?

11. damodici

damodici Active Member

I'm currently looking at a repsol blade which has a standard can and quite fancied getting one of these fitted, do they come with a baffle and would it pass 98db for track days?

Cheers

12. flatstickHRC

i phoned the uk distributer for leo vince and theyre advised if you do trackdays to fit an EVOII can instead as theyre much quieter

• Like Like x 1
  13. damodici

damodici Active Member

I'd still like a little more info from them than that, I'll have to give them a buzz but thanks for the heads up. I'd of hoped they'll know the DB ratings, who are the UK disti by the way?

Cheers again

14. flatstickHRC

its these mate

index

15. damodici

damodici Active Member

Emailed them and got a quick response today, see below:

Hi,
    As far as I'm aware, Silverstone and Oulton have a db limit of 105 static and 102 drive by - Donnington is the one that causes a problem.
    The GP PRO complies with the EEC regulation with the db killer inserted, and as this is set at 97/98 db's it should be ok ......... but I'm not sure you'll get a cast iron guarantee from any manufacturer because even with brand new bikes on a side by side test you can get slightly different performance and db levels with the same aftermarket exhaust/parts fitted.
    The only can that we definitely don't recommend for the track in this country is the GP STYLE EVOII - it's a much smaller can and has come very close to or is just on the limit. No-one has reported any problems with the rest of the cans in the LeoVince range.
    Regards, Carol Hall
    MOTO GB

So in actual fact what I make from that is the can I wanted was a GP pro evo 2 ( last one on this page - 2008 - 2009 - More Power Racing UK)

So I can only assume that's the one they don't recommend :(

Hope somebody has the evo 2 and can give me some track day feedback?

#15 damodici, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  16. flatstickHRC

The oval evoII cans give the best power increase in a recent german magazine test on a Fireblade

17. damodici

damodici Active Member

Is that of all the Leo vince range or blade exhausts in general? Quite impressive if it's against all exhausts.

I like them loud enough to be heard (my mrs can hear me from a good minute or so away on the rc8 running the Akra)

But I'll want to use the blade on track a fair bit too so I need loud but sneaks below 98 with a db killer for those restricted days ...Booooo

18. flatstickHRC

It tested a few different makes of slip ons for the blade

There was an article a out it on the Leo vince website a few weeks ago

19. LeoVinceSBK

LeoVinceSBK Active Member

Hi Guys,

Just registered on the site so that we can advise anyone on any LeoVince info, and more importantly, the correct info !!

We're the LeoVince distributors for UK, Eire & C.Isles.

Firstly, the quote you have is from my colleague....but you have mis-read it!! To confirm, the can we DON'T RECOMMEND for track use is the GP-STYLE. This can has a smaller volume area so although a fantastic sound for the road, will cause problems at a lot of tracks. The GP-PRO is not a problem.

The cans that are the most popular for track use, slip-on's, are (1) FACTORY titanium cans with carbon tailcones and a choice of carbon or titanium casings (2) OVAL stainless cans with tapered stainless tailcones in a choice of scotchbrite alloy, or carbon casings, and (3) GP-PRO.

ALL of these slip-on's are EVOII spec so are E marked and supplied with removable baffles.

And the GP-PRO now comes supplied with 2 different size baffles so you can find the best setup and sound that suits you.

All slip-on's for the blade also remove the stock catalyst, and accept stock lambda sensor. And we also have a carbon fibre infill panel / heat shield if you prefer the pipework hidden.

I think that should do it for now, but we're always open for enquiries 5 days a week. Our website as stated above has our contact details index

ps : that link to More Power Racing Co UK (they are not in the UK by the way) but they say the GP-PRO is discontinued - and it's not. It's still our most popular exhaust!

20. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Sry for the hijack but how much is the heat shield?