Lights

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Barmbyblade, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Now that the darker nights are upon us and for those who use their bike as regular transport or enjoy a winter tootle out it is sometimes overlooked that our lights may need more attention now than before especially the rear, you would be surprised how many motorcylists never check their rear end and apart from PC Plod looking to take you off the road and the most obvious dangers are not been seen, lets face it how many of you have had cars pull out in front of you at junctions with your lights blazing only to hear from the driver sorrymate I didn't see you, well you imagine been hit from the rear in the dark because you've never checked to see if your rear lights are working? it doesn't take 2 minutes to check, I'm sorry if this may sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but it could happen and god forbid it's you who falls victim by ignoring a simple safety check.

#1 Barmbyblade, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Givover

Givover God Like

No it's a good call .I did that same check last night after fitting my filter .

3. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

I always light my candles prior to moving off........................officer :)

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Yep checked mine last night when i was loading on Mogsy's Power commandeer Map

5. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Dipped bulb failed recently whilst I was out riding and only when a fellow biker mentioned it to me at traffic lights did I have clue......this was daytime obviously.....it then dawned on me why some cage pulled out on from a side road, causing some anxiety and pretty "industrial" language......phew.......

6. Mel

Mel Active Member

Not a silly thread at all, how many cars drive around with brake lights/rear lights/headlights out? If you put in the brighter/blue tinge bulbs they burn out quicker too :)