Lightweight battery fitted

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Rich_R, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Rich_R

Rich_R Active Member

Picked up a Shorai lightweight battery from the US when I ordered some kit few months back. Finally got around to fitting it.

First impression - Jeez it's light! It only weights 0.630g. I weighed the standard battery and that came in at 3.4kgs!

There's a big difference to the way the bike starts now, it really kicks the starter rather than the usual chug chug chug.

A few friends have them as well, and can easily start the bike when it's not even moved after 2 months. The instructions say the self life without charging is 2 years and it still will have 30% left (I think that's what I read..)

Real easy to fit, comes with loads of foam squares you can stick and fill the gaps with.

Few pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Worth it? Hell yeh, I only use my bike now for trackdays and the odd blast so piece of mind that it will always start. Then there's shaving off 3kg's of weight. It cost me US$130, not too bad.

:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. ams

ams Active Member

Where did you get it from mate ?

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I got a Skyrich Li-ion on UK ebay from Cardiff Motorcycles I think it was, GBP165 though

4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

That’s a huge weight saving but at an equally huge cost. Worth considering though if I keep my bike long enough to need to change the battery

5. JM1

JM1 Active Member

When you think about the price of tyres for example, it's not that bad really

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

nice and keep on thinking about getting a small racing lithium ion battery

7. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

definitely getting something like this don't trust the standard battery, thanks for sharing.