Local biker killed But ......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

...understood not to be wearing a helmet

Family of biker Jamie Bailey, killed in Hartcliffe, Bristol, crash devastated | This is Bristol

Now I never like to hear story's like this. Anyone dying so young. But 29 years old and having a kids you would have thought he would have just thought to wear a helmet.

I feel sorry for his family and friends But I feel it very difficult to feel sorry for the guy who died.

Am I heartless in feeling this way, I just think the chap was stupid and unfortunately paid a very heavy price

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

A guy with enough years under his belt to know better than to ride without a helmet and presumably he was giving it some beans if swerving to avoid a speed bump was enough to make him lose control. And in a built up area :rolleyes:

No sympathy for the guy himself I'm afraid.

Plenty of sympathy for his poor family though.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a stupid, pointless mistake to make but the punishment fitting the crime? I'm not so sure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. paul-b

paul-b Member

Agree Ken,

One moment of madness & your penalty is death ? Bit harsh me thinks....

Could you really go up to his wife and shrug your shoulder and say 'Oh well, he deserved it' ...?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I doubt it was one moment of madness and it's not like it's someone else who's done this to the guy. It's his own actions that have caused his death. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

And no of course I wouldn't say that to his wife. She's grieving. We're not.

• Like Like x 1
  6. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

My friends younger brother was showing off on a moped without a helmet and cracked his head off a curb and also died. Did he deserve to die? I don't think so but was he putting himself in that position of risk, absolutely. I think that's was Remal means ;)

What did we say at his funeral "You stupid idiot!" But we miss him all the same and not meant disrespectfully as Remal pointed out but it sadly is the reason he is dead from the accident not just bruised....

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

By no means was i suggested the chap got what he deserved. As I said he was stupid and paid a heavy price. IE too much

8. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Any death resulting in five minutes of folly is hard for anyone to come to terms with, I'm sure his poor Family will be asking the why didn't he just.............. Question for the rest of their natural.
    It's either your time or it isn't, sometimes people just increase the chances of Mr Reaper paying an early visit by getting their shit wrong.
    Anyone ever having had that, I'm not doing that again thought dodged the scythe, but that don't stop anyone following the rule book of life meeting the same fate.

9. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

This just goes to show that the compulsory use of helmets is a good thing. If we were given a choice there would be many more senseless deaths like this.
    So sad for his family.