Lucy Dell earplugs

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by PeterT, Oct 4, 2011.

1. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Just a quick heads up i received my Test pack of earplugs today and i must say that there must be hundreds of types of earplugs. I wear them as my ears have had 10 years + of Caterham induction and exhaust roar and i don't want to damage them anymore!!! I have no connection with them but someone gave me their details. Does anyone have those really expensive made to measure earplugs?

• Like Like x 1
  2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

If you go to the NEC next month they have a stand there and offer some awesome show price on them .. I think they do the mold there and send them out to you

3. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

I reckon the test pack i have here will last me till the end of time!!!

4. dan.1moore1

Sorry .. Thought you ment your interested in buying a set of moulded ones .. Iv had a foam pair for the last few years ...Manky but still do the job .. Im rather attached to them now lol

5. ray

ray Well-Known Member

I like these 3M 1100 ear plugs.

3M

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Ahh another 7 owner. OK I may not have the caterham but a Tiger.

I can highly recommend
    ultimate ear | Ear Plugs | Hearing and Ear Protection London UK

bought mine 2 years ago at the NEC. Cost me £60 but use them in the Tiger and on the blade. best plugs I've used. and I've tried the DIY custom plugs and throw away ones also

• Like Like x 1
  7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I have three types of hand made ear plugs all work very well and all offer different levels of sound, some soft and some not so soft, tbh one pair cost 120.00 (not too me) but are pro ear moulds for acoustic stage work blar blar blar, yes they work very well and last for around seven years....but I also use these (EP-502) foam plugs and they are far better and more comfy than any moulded plugs on the market, they cost around 30.00 inc vat and postage per 200 pairs from FairfaxUK and are imo the nuts! Quiet, soft, comfy and cheap! There is a reason the hand made ear moulds that I have (the ones I have were tested in BSB/WSB etc) are NOT used by top riders and racers.... Here is the link for the foam plugs:-http://www.fairfaxuk.com/shooting_accessories.shtml , they are VERY soft and expand quick, I like to snip/bite the end off mine and stuff them right in the ear.. Never used to use them but now 39 and been using chainsaws, bikes, guns, pyrotechnics, grinders, drills you name I've got to the point that after a nice ride out I like to sit with out the whistle when I get back....lol Also I ride much faster with the ear plugs as I can not hear the harm I do thrashing my engine..lol

8. andybow

andybow Active Member

I have had quite a few pairs of ear plugs, Don't bother with the diy ones , There ok for the first week or so but get loose quickly, The ones I got from the Bike show a few years ago are GOOD but I do find these great http://www.screwfix.com/p/jsp-19db-ear-plugs-pack-of-10/15310 they go right into the ear and are very comfy!

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

What's that?!?

• Like Like x 1
  10. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

What Did You Say ?????

11. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Hello is it me your looking for ???

12. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Is there anybody out there??

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've just had a look at the Lucy Dell website and the test pack is a brilliant idea. I have problems with finding the right earplug as the ones that seem to work best for me feel too long and intrude too far into my ear canal. I think I'll spring for one of these for some research.

Cheers Peter.

14. JD

JD Active Member

I have the Ultimate Ear ones also, but with the inbuilt speakers, superb, recommend them very highly. If you get measured for them at the NEC it's free, otherwise if I remember correctly its £25. Not cheap, but worth every penny in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

Something i will look at while i am there.
    Thank You for the advice.

16. dan.1moore1

What are they like in your helmet mate , I have in ear headphones now that catch my aria , My ears get pretty painful after 30 mins and they keep working they're way out . Do you have any of these problems with the ultimate ears ?

17. JD

JD Active Member

They're top class mate, that's down to the way they measure your ears. If you have any problems then they will remake the buds for you, but it's unlikely that you will. I use them for listening to my ipod even off the bike, the sound quality is frankly amazing, but I got them mainly for listening to audio from my Satnav. Hth. I tried all types before these and had exactly the same problems you describe, bloody painful too.

JD

18. dan.1moore1

Bloody hell ,, thats another item on the shopping list for the N.E.C lol

19. JD

JD Active Member

No pockets in a shroud bud lol.

JD

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah Jonny. Mrs Ken's favourite saying.

mainly with regard to her spending habits, I must say, than mine.