M2 closed Sittingbourn in Kent

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup that's the news dudes looks like Kent is taking yet another hammering but this time its a 15 foot sinkhole that's appeared on the M2 Motorway near Sittingbourn .

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yup! Luckily escaped this carnage tonight...

[​IMG]

It's bad down my mums, rivers and mills are at breaking point. EA are working round clock but forecast not looking good....

This was the green in the village next to her....
    [​IMG]

3. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

They are happening everywhere here.The roads are large potholing at an alarming rate.Clay land is not safe with excess water which causes these sinkholes.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Christ, that's frightening. The Tarmac is peeling up like knee scabs everywhere here. It's not low profile tyre country anymore. Well, it never was, but on the bike, if the holes don't claim you, the backfill from the Water'll wash out the front tyre the second your back is turned. Coming down off Dartmoor, the back end of autumn I was down to 20 mph in places cos I couldn't feel the front at all.

The lane to the canal from the edge of the village is deeper than my wellies are high as of Sunday and it's been pissing down since.

5. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Things have been made worse

Traffic on the M1 has come to a standstill with all you northern monkeys on a mission to jump down these holes to loot coal ;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Si.

Si. God Like

Yup, any chance for extra work you southern fairy.:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Givover

Givover God Like

Si its simple dude ....We pay our rates and have great Tarmac ,no drainage issues and any holes appearing around Kent can only mean one thing ............ Immigrants tunnelling there way out back home.

8. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

We have just got the call that we are being called up to double the efforts on the flood relief here in Berkshire

Our lads last weekend
    View attachment 18667

• Like Like x 5
  9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Shame the efforts could have not been this quick for the lot in Somerset Devon and Cornwall for the past 7 weeks they have had with flooding .....

As for the sink hole Christ. Not good with all the loose wet ground

10. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Hasn't stopped raining since before Xmas mate.... It's getting bad in places.

Sink hole is bad though, Lisa drives passed there today, it's a busy road, sooo lucky not on the Tarmac, would have been carnage

11. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Bulls*it that's no sink hole, that's where the Medway knuckle draggers live

Clear evidence of slime trail there

Talking of carnage JV, 3 major accidents on the A2 within 2 miles of each other both ends of the day today, friggin car drivers playing at bumper cars, went through around 12 miles of stationary traffic this morning, until destroyed car under the Sun in the Sands become visible.

#11 Kentblade, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

can't agree more as like you have only had a day or 2 of no rain for the past few months like more of the UK. No snow thank god. just hope it stops soon not only for my sanity but for all the people who are flooded. I was only on about the lack of support for the people who in the past 6-8 weeks have had flooded houses in somerset and surrounding areas. Only had something done in the past week with the Dutch engineers coming in to help