Man Cave Project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by biggsjo, Feb 23, 2014.

1. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

Well, I have decided to give my "toys" the home they deserve and to create an environment where I can relax and admire them as well as "fettling" I am fortunate to have a double size man cave where my HRC Fireblade resides along with my DB7 Volante. I thought I would post a before and after photo so here is my new home before I start. The plan is to have it finished in a week. Then I will fit it out with good storage.
    P1080410.jpg
    P1080412.jpg
    P1080411.jpg

So after a week of toil between normal work and my project I am nearly finished.
    Battened the walls, moved one strip light to loft space, installed 2 new double strip lights (not sure if they are bright enough), used foil lined plasterboard for walls and ceiling for added insulation and reduce condensation and plastered gaps etc. Took a while for the plaster to dry so decided to wait before painting. I am now seriously considering replacing the doors for roller type as they are now a bit out of place. Lastly I am searching for suitable storage systems top go on the back wall (around 2-3 metres wide), take a look at the pictures now.
    P1080418.jpg
    P1080419.jpg
    P1080421.jpg
    P1080420.jpg :D

#1 biggsjo, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

lots of room and potential there, looking forward to seeing the finished outcome (next Sunday :D)

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

wow very very nice. Cant wait to it finished!!

Love the HRC with white wheels, think that looks the dogs!!

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Looks great matey however electric Roller Shutter Doors would have been more fitting for such a posh Cave! :cool:

What's the flooring supplier?

Is it hard enough to resist indentation from the Paddock stand wheels?

5. raphael

raphael Elite Member

very impressive mate! like the blade too

6. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

Hi Sinewave, the flooring was in the garage when I bought the house, it is really tough and does not get marked by paddock or side stand. I might have the original details somewhere in my house purchase file. Will have a look and see if I can find anything.

7. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

Hi Sinewave, I have found the tiles on a site called garagepride.co.uk, they are identical to mine and come in various styles. I have no commercial link with this company but may well be using them for the storage solutions I want to put in the garage when it is finished. Cheers John. p.s my missus reckons I should get electric garage doors FFS they have been quoted at £3k per door.

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Don't listen to em matey!

I priced up an electric Roller Shutter Door last year for my Man Cave which is sized 2350 x 2200mm W x H and it came in at £750 for the kit and I'll fit it myself being an Electrician amongst other things.

You have two doors so even if you pay for fitting you should still be able to get it done for around £2-2200 all in.

9. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

Just posted update in original Man Cave post, let me know what you think.

10. MrB

MrB God Like

My electric roller was £1500 for a SWS Seceuroglide Excel with WiFi, alarm and keypad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

looking good, what colour you going for? any wall art?

12. biggsjo

biggsjo Active Member

I am going plain white, I have also received this week a poster size photo of my Blade and one of my DB7. I plan to put them up on the back wall either side of the storage cabinets. My wife thinks I am leaving her and going to live in the garage, let's see eh!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Just put this up on the wall in my garage.
    This bike was given to me Christmas 82, NOTB was released in 82 as well, and MOP was 86.
    Throw back to the 80's right there.
    That is the original tyres hanging up too.

Would love a lot bigger garage, but alas, that will have to wait for the lottery win.

image.jpg

#13 Ratser, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Looking awesome mate