MCE ... How much !?!?!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jamiestrada, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Sorry, just a little rant, just rang up MCE to advise them that I have covered 4000 miles on the bike already since April and I will need to extend my estimated mileage to 12000 ....

No problem thats an additional £24.92, not to bad I think ................... AND ...................................

£40.50 administration charge !!! WTF robbing Bas!@rds .. for what 5 mins and an email to send me my docs !

They then asked if I wanted the docs sent by email or posted ..... Helecopter delivery next day for £40.50 was my reply ! he didnt get the sarcasm I think :(

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Your lucky. They quoted me £150 to put an extra 4000 on for September.
    I asked if they would call the police as I suspected a robbery was taking place.
    Needless to say MCE won't be getting my business next renewal.

3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

We had all these debates before..........and it will go on and bloody on...... mine was 250 increase by MCE.......sod that I though.....comparison web site used..........cheapest price ?............... MCE ?? roughly same cost as previous yr.......... hunt about as new customer you ll save loads each time.....and you still use previous no claims !!

4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

It's the admin fees here being used - little commission on new business so brokers making up for it with admin free for any MTA (mid term adjustment)

It could be worth the mods having a section where people can list these fees on a sticky, so before you buy a policy you can research the fees based on others experience.

It's also a question to ask when buying cover, perhaps if admin fee was a fair £20 per change it would not be so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

My renewal this year from mce was £293, a few comparisons site later and bennetts got my business £110 cheaper!!!

6. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Cheaper isn't always better though dudes/dudess's. check what you get for your money when comparing the quotes.

Agree ref the admin charges on changes, absolute bollox

7. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

I got more with bennetts than I did with mce, inc leather cover, breakdown cover ( all be it basic) and excess was £400 less too!!

8. mr.h

mr.h Active Member

I paid £300.50 to insure my Speed Triple 2 weeks before renewal to get a second year of no claims - now I want to change back to a blade MCE say its an extra £216 but £40.50 of that is an admin fee - total £516.50 for the remainder of the policy FFS. best price on a comparison site is £297 and yes you all have guessed its from MCE! Absolute bunch of tossers!

Last night I wrote a long email of facts including the point it took them 5 attempts to get all my details right on my policy documents so after taking out the policy and 5 emails, 5 long phone calls and I didn't charge em a penny for the changes - bugger I am a generous fella :mad: They will never have me as a customer again - in fact I will more than likely tweet Big Ed to tell him I have paid more for insurance with another company as his is a pile of shite!

Ok rant over I just want to be back on a blade :D