Mcn price increase!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Apr 10, 2013.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Popped into my local newsagent to pick up mcn to read the usual odds and sods and mainly about the racing and found it had gone up to £2.10, thought £1.99 was more than enough!

2. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

EVERYTHING but my hourly rate has gone up. And before anyone else says it, no i wasn't charging too bloody much to start with.:D

3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I reluctantly stopped buying it last year, I just felt it wasn't good value for money and I ended up just reading the racing pages. I now keep in touch with things on the internet.Too many adverts for my liking and the revenue they get from all the adverts must be massive....yet they still put the price up.

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

It pi££ed me off last time as they just sneak up the price, I buy it now and then and two mins later always say what a load of crap it is, it's ok to polish your shoes on, mop up oil, light the fire or if needs must wipe your a$$! lol

On a serious note it is crap! Twitter etc much better..

• Like Like x 2
  5. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

I just stand in the magazine aisle in Asda and read everything for free whilst the wife does the shopping.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Evogixer

Evogixer Active Member

Agree with all the above, killing their market through greed IMO. Now I won't even buy it occasionally.

7. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

IMO, It's As simple as this. Sales drop, so they increase the price to try to recover the loss in sales, more people turn their backs because of the price increase , down down down, bang, no more MCN.
    Perhaps an online version if it's lucky.
    I could be totally wrong of course, it could just be due to increasing costs?
    In which case, soon see the printing being done in India or somewhere similar.

8. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Yea, on palm leaves. Seriously tho, if they do print it in india, i wonder where they'd get the ink?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

wife picked me a copy up today and i asked and she never noticed.

10. Givover

Givover God Like

I bought a copy yesterday and I was seduced by the front cover and did not notice the price but I won't be buying again "not because of the cost" it's just that it was full of BMW off road shite testing this and that and page after page of the same thing with just the standard 5 back pages of crap you already know

11. gazza1

gazza1 Active Member

Totally agree didn't notice the price increase but was full of crap think I will leave on the shelf in future