Megraine anyone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nutty Tart, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ... and sorry to all the peeps who have been trying to reach me for the last couple of days .

I have just come out of the biggest baddest megraine I have had in my life . 2 bloody days f'c'sake .

I did go to work yesterday just to make some money for the week .... self employed y'see

No workie .... no monie

I get the full works ... headache / sickness / eyesight wavy lines

So I will get around to answering all my PM's now

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well someone sounds popular

hope your heads better now Nut

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well someone sounds popular

hope your heads better now Nut

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

feel for you Nuts.

5. Nutty Tart

Grief I'm seeing double now

6. Nutty Tart

Grif I'm seeing double now

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you get the little black bubbles popping in your peripheral vision Nuts? They're quite entertaining.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

sorry having issues posting on the forum

9. Nutty Tart

My peripheral vision usually just blurs and then I get what I can only describe as a bolt of lightning that wiggles its way across my range of vision starting from the lower left to upper right . How many times I puke varies from episode to episode .

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ooooh, don't get that one. I do get strange, tin like tastes and then for a couple of days afterwards it feels like I've been living on coffee for the past week.

11. Nutty Tart

Tin ehhh ... thats probably yur ancestery living in Deb'n

I always feel completely knackered for a day or two after . Like too many late nights

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

The one thing I do get that's handy is for a day or so before, I can feel it coming on so I can cancel anything I won't be up to when it hits and buy in loads of cocodamol.

13. Gazza13

Gazza13 Member

I used to get a tablet called Midrid! They where great and worked a treat until they was removed from stockists!
    Migraleave work quite well and stop my sickness if caught early enough.

14. Nutty Tart

Ahh interesting ..... I have had some success with Neurafen Megraine but not this time :confused:

15. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I take two paracetamol and two ibuprofen at the same time, then lay down often with a bag of ice on my head... I hate headaches but seems that's the cards I was delt don't get mega bad ones like some but have had to pull up jump out the car and puke before now... doctor don't do shite just thinks oh well, had them now for over twenty years, if you find a cure let me know then I may not live on pain killers... the biggest gutter for me is they stop me doing what I love, life goes on hold for the bastards! Some people say you grow out of them but no such luck for me, my old lady used to get them real bad too but she's buggered now in a home after a clot on the brain you'd think the quack would check me over but no.... Anyway people far worse off than me like here with worse headaches and more...

There was a program on tv the other night that was showing how none of the top name pain killers are any different to the small cheap brands, the pharmaceutical number on the packs of top brands and so call specific tablets are the same as supermarket basics, the short info is most of these so called branded tablets are not much more than basic paracetamol etc

#15 arthurbikemad, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

The key to controlling mine has turned out to be hydration. Left to my own devices I just don't drink enough throughout the day. If I keep on top of it the recurrence of the migraines is slashed. But no, my GP didn't work this out, Jeanette did. My GP wasn't interested in the slightest. Just take paracetamol was his advice. For me paracetamol just don't work at all. For a while annadin extra helped but they started giving me bad acid reflux. I tried mixing codeine and paracetamol after a root canal filling and it works quite well, you just have to be careful how frequently you take it.

17. Nutty Tart

Yup I saw that too ..... the megraine was the same as period pain tablet . But the latter was cheaper

18. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Must be something wrong with me cos I don't get headaches at all. Not that theres anything in there!! The only thing I used to suffer with is gout.But that is now sorted less alcohol and red meat with cherry active tablet if I don't catch it in time.The Mrs is always taking paracetamol for this and that, like a junkie I call her.

19. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Plus, my dentist gave me two prescriptions. One for codeine phosphate and one for paracetamol. The lady in lloyds gave me cocodamol for £1.69 and tore the scripts up.

20. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

I found morphine works well and what ever they give you before an operation, just a shame you have to brake an arm or leg to get it.. ;)