Men hold their drink better than women – fact

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Mrs Freedom had her company belated Christmas do last night, starting in a hostelry by he river, then on to Vinopolis for wine tasting around the world, finishing with a Greek meal near Tower Bridge. Can you pick me up from the station later she asked as I waved her of in the morning?

17.00 Phone call from the pub saying that they had started early.
    18:00 Phone call from another pub
    19:30 Giggly phone call from Vinopolis saying the ALL the wines are rank and going to the Bombay Sapphire bar instead.
    20:30 Slurred phone call from the Greek
    21:00 Text with grammar no better then my kids as toddlers crayoning on the walls
    21:30 Text trying to say pick me up at Huntingdon station 22:50
    22:00 Text followed by very slurred call to that battery almost dead on phone
    22:01 Text to say “I love you”
    22:40 Call Mrs. Freedom to check she is still awake, no answer.
    22:50 Train arrives at Huntingdon. No Mrs Freedom
    22:51 Call Mrs Freedom, phone turned off.
    22:52 Consider possible options: 1. Drive to Peterborough at the end of the line. 2. Wait for next train as she has missed the one she said she was catching. 3. Drive to Cambridge as she got on wrong train 4. Piss off home and let nature take its course.
    23:15 Call from a phone box “ I aaaaamnn iiiiiinnnn Peeeterrrbrrrrougggh”
    23:55 Pick up Mrs Freedom at Peterborough station for a journey involving a strong smell of alcohol, hiccups, and the evenings story telling in some other language that I don’t quite understand interrupted with the words “Sorry lolly and I love you” for added effect.
    00:55 Mrs Freedom showers and goes to bed still chatting away in some unknown dialect
    00:56 I crack open a bottle of beer with a smug grin on my face thinking of what I am going to do with all my newly acquired Brownie points.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Brownie points? for better for worse springs to mind, and sounds like Mrs freedom was much the worse for drink, save them brownie points for when you need collecting from a shit faced scenario. lol

3. Mel

Mel Active Member

haha, poor woman, clearly a lightweight :D

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

lol but did you get lucky

5. Mel

Mel Active Member

you would though anyway wouldnt you?
    I mean, its not like there's going to be any need for cable ties and duct tape lol
    my OH is too scared to get rat-arsed, what with the way my brain works :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I would have took advantage.Probably on way home it works with my missus.She even went home naked for a laugh.luckily nobody see her or me.

7. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

A gentleman never tells but needless to say I am glad I have an automatic gearbox