More crap from France.....

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by JD, Feb 22, 2012.

1. JD

JD Active Member

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Heard this today also. you can get cheap ones and just keep in the car/bike. Heard some petrol stations in France have been giving them out free

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Knobs if you ask me!
    I remember when the volcano erupted in Iceland and I was trying to get home from Holland, via any ferry from France. What did the wan*ers do.........., train staff went on strike..........................typical beurocratic bunch of tossers if you ask me.
    Worst thing we did was build a frekin tunnel!!
    And yes.................I have anglo french issues................. right, where's me coat!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Bloody jobsworths!!
    Compulsory to have a bulb kit in Europe but the stupid french and German car makers make the cars so bloody difficult to put the bulbs in.
    I change bulbs everyday of the week for all my customers,some lately are bumper off jobs.How the eck would a person put a bulb in while the copper watches is beyond me.
    A picnic blanket and a shovel will be next!

5. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

6. Gums

Gums Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Ha ha - yeah but that's one thing the French really don't mind doing....

8. Moily

Moily Active Member

Is that verified from other sources? i.e ones not as xenophobic, ill-informed, scaremongering, idiotic as the sh*tty Daily Mail?

Guess it wouldn't be too hard to buy one and leave it under your seat. (along with the hi-vis and warning triangle..!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. vino

vino New Member

What would cab drivers read, if it wasn't for the Daily Mail?

Warning triangle? On a bike? Nah, surely no one would be so....oh yeah, French

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

In that case boycott them. Refuse to go there. Ostracise The entire nation.

Unless you're in Strike Command that is.

There's an old story about a pensioner who gets off the ferry in France and is confronted by a supercilious customs official who demands to see his passport.

The old geezer fumbles about in the bottom of his bag and the customs official becomes impatient.

'you English' he shouted 'all so arrogant. You believe you can walk into any sovereign nation as if you owned it. You do not think you need papers to enter France?'

'I'm sorry officer' said the old man 'I didn't know that the rules had changed since the last time I was here'.

'Are you crazy?' spat the now incandescent customs man. 'these are the rules. These have always been the rules. You must present your papers when you land on French soil'

'That's what I thought when I waded ashore on June 6th 1944, but I couldn't find a Frenchman anywhere to show them to'.

#10 kpone, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  11. JD

JD Active Member

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

And remember the only people they've attacked on their own lately is Greenpeace.

13. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Ahhh the French are alright. I wish this country would be run a bit more like their side of the channel sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

My parents live in France, be careful what you wish for? There are some very good welfare policies in France and some very very bad ones. If you take the good you will have to endure the bad. I love the place but I would not want to exist there I would rather live here?

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I think what Rich is alluding to is that if the French people don't like how the country is run they'll take to the streets until someone takes notice, where we just whine about it and believe that it's our lot to suffer the bad judgement of the ruling body.

We never had a real revolution you see. When the common people finally did rise up against the untouchable controlling body they replaced them with religious fanatics who, less than a generation later handed the country back on a plate to a monarchist government.

As I've grown older and more curmudgeonly, I've come to realise that the traits I've always complained about in the French are the traits I aspire to in myself, so I've started to cut them a bit more slack.

I've even been known to cheer them on in the Rugby. Not when they play England, of course.

Come the glorious day, there wont be a wall tough enough to withstand the lead I'll elect to throw downrange at all the political and royal hangers on on my list.

Then let the revolution begin...

#15 kpone, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  16. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

That's a big part of it yes, kpone.

I did a French degree and thankfully paid enough attention that I now speak it fluently enough that the locals don't often spot that I'm not native. That makes a massive difference to how they treat you. Especially when they find out that you're a Brit who's taken the time to learn their language so well. That's why I always tend to argue a bit against the assertion that all French people are unfriendly and difficult.

As you say, they tend to change something if they don't like it, they refuse to stop selling unpasteurised cheese, their trains are superb, their food is largely several notches better and their country is a brilliant place. Also you have to give them props for remaining as calm as they have living next to such an overachieving neighbour :D

17. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

They're sounding like me more and more Rich.

Except that I can confirm that I personally am unfriendly and difficult.

• Like Like x 1