MotoGP Videopass

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barstewardsquad, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Looked ar buying this for the year and it's cheaper if I use a VPN to connect via Romania. Thing is there is a notice saying they will cancel if it turns out you are from elsewhere. Is this a new thing, and if you did it do you always connect via a VPN?

Problem is the VPN via Romania can be a bit naff for video and so would want to use a normal connection to watch in anger.

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

If you are OK with bending the law....I would heartily recommend an IPTV subscription. The one I use is £75 annually and for that I get every domestic Satellite channel plus foreign sports channels and a plethora of other foreign channels (not really of much use TBF)
    You do not need any VPN.
    There are apps for all mobile devices (Apple & Android) and Televisions (I use an app on my Android TV).

It's soooooo easy to use.
    You are supplied a username & P/W and a URL to enter into your choice of app. Thats it!

In my mind it's far better "value" than just paying over the odds to Dorna for their pass.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Hadn't considered that @hitch, definitely worth considering.

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Quite ironic that I just went to the MotoGP site of which I am a subscriber. Can get any friggin' day two test results unless I join Video Pass. That's really taking the piss I reckon. Fair enough charging a fee for a race, and maybe even qualifying, but for pre-season testing it should be free and might even encourage some to join for the season. I'm okay during season because I have BT Sport. But even BT is starting to take a big chunk of my meagre pension.:(

5. hitch

hitch Elite Member

They wanted £35 p/m from me. It started off as £11 (ok that WAS in 2011) ...so I said no thanks after they wouldn't be able to offer me any worthwhile discounts.
    Next I'll be cancelling Sky sports & movies subscription :eek: ...theyre up for renewal in August.

IPTV all the way soon ;)

6. dgr

dgr Active Member

The Black Friday offer was 1 euro for the whole off season.

7. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I did the VPN thing last year before the season started. I chose a VPN in Spain and it chopped a decent amount off the price.

When I started watching it coughed out a message saying that I wasn't in the country that I'd registered the subscription in. I just dismissed the message and that's the last I heard of it. The service worked flawlessly all year.

I've just renewed for another year. Paid the same price as last year. Watched a little bit of the Sepang test last night. No messages about being in the wrong country or anything.

Take from that what you will :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, I remember that. But I only had Pounds Sterling or Australian Dollars:(.;)